Details: Salary will be compensated based on years of experience and academic degree
24 West 25th Street
The Latino Commission on AIDS through the Our Health, Our Communities / Nuestra Salud, Nuestras Comunidades (SAMHSA-funded) program provides outreach, service referrals and substance use pre-treatment to Latino sub-groups of men who have sex with men, transgender women, and men who have sex with transgender women. Priority groups are largely immigrant, English and Spanishspeaking Latinos that may identify as LGBT, and are dealing with a multitude of issues, principally around mental health, alcohol and other substance-use related issues.
- Assist in planning and implementing the program’s outreach and recruitment activities.
- Prepare initial risk assessments of recruited clients, make appropriate referrals as necessary, and
- engage clients in individual level, behavioral change sessions.
- Track clients from initial contact to 5- to 8-month follow-up.
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring client information system and assures confidentiality of
- program records.
- Ensure that data is collected and reported using standardized CSAT-approved instruments and are
- reported to a CSAT web-based data collection site in a timely manner.
- Co-Facilitating the Safety Counts Intervention
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Programs or Program Director
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, health education and promotion, human services, community health education, psychology, sociology or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in the field of substance abuse, HIV/AIDS and/or mental health services, in particular outreach and counseling.
- Knowledge/familiarity of venues where to reach LGBT and having previously worked with LGBT substance-using communities.
- CASAC accreditation or credit hours desired.
- Familiarity of Safety Counts and PROMISE preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish. Ability to read, write and speak fluently in Spanish is desired.
- Ability to prioritize and work as part of a team
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent written &oral communication and interpersonal skills
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish / English preferred.
Minimum Education Required