Tahirih Justice Center seeks an empathetic professional for our Social Services Case Program Manager role who is committed to cultural humility and equity. Based out of our Houston, TX office, this role will require a high degree of emotional intelligence and discretion to support immigrant women and girls fleeing gender-based violence. The role of the Social Services Program Manager is to: maintain culturally-competent, trauma-informed case management services for a caseload of 15-25 cases; supervise case management support staff (approximately 1-2 full-time staff, 2 interns per semester); monitor and evaluate quantity and quality of service provision ongoing; conduct outreach and advocacy in local and regional forums; develop departmental compliance policies in relation to federal and state confidentiality and mandated reporting laws; support Social Services fundraising opportunities; and coordinate with the Houston Volunteer Coordinator to support departmental needs. This position will work in tandem with the Managing Attorney, Deputy Director and Executive Director to provide holistic trauma-informed support to our clients. The ideal candidate will have experience working with female victims and survivors of violence from multi-cultural backgrounds and be able to meet clients where they are emotionally and mentally. This role requires a high degree of professionalism, self-motivation, and a thriving passion for social justice. The successful candidate must be detail and solution-oriented and be able to effectively multi-task in a high-volume, fast paced office.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Establish annual goals and strategies for Social Services Department
- Update programmatic and ethical policies and procedures as needed
- Provide leadership and supervision of social services team
- Monitor and evaluate case management activities
- Manage client referrals and acceptance of Social Services clients
- Conduct social services, mental health, and medical needs assessment for Social Services clients
- Provide client referrals and advocate for access to emergency or transitional housing, safety planning, transportation, medical bill forgiveness, translation, non-immigration legal services, medical services, counseling, education, employment and assistance accessing public benefits
- Assist clients to schedule complex medical or other appointments, and accompany clients to appointments when it will make a necessary, positive impact on results.
- Provide case management and financial assistance under the National Human Trafficking Victim Assistance Program
- Maintain and expand relationships with medical service partners to increase access for clients
- Attend and participate in both internal and external meetings including collaborative working groups and stakeholder meetings
- Participate in drafting Social Services program components, including metrics, logic models, and narratives, for grant applications and reports
- Attend site visits and donor meetings to speak on behalf of Tahirih and the Social Services Program
- Identify and work collaboratively to break down barriers that prohibit non-citizens from accessing basic housing, medical, food and other services
- Maintain regular contact with the Houston Volunteer Coordinator to identify volunteer needs and participate in volunteer trainings of new volunteers as needed
- 3 years of relevant experience serving the needs of a diverse population;
- Minimum 2 years of case management experience;
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited institution;
- License in Social Work in Texas, or ability to transfer License from another state to Texas;
- An engaging communicator that can effectively and independently communicate with diverse; audiences and network collaboratively among a variety of stakeholder groups;
- Experience working with survivors of trauma;
- Possesses cultural humility and a strong commitment to equity
- Must be committed to nonpartisanship
- Preferred experience working with survivors of domestic violence, sexual abuse, and human trafficking
- Bilingual or multi-lingual
- Excellent creative problem solving, strategic thinking, and analytical skills
- Exemplary time management and prioritization skills
Annual salary and benefits: Competitive compensation depends on experience. Generous benefits include fully-paid employee health, vision and dental insurance; a 401(k) defined contribution retirement plan; flexible work schedules; professional development including in-house training programs, staff enrichment retreats and other growth opportunities. Employees have a very generous self-managed leave benefit inclusive of vacation, sick and holidays, including an office closure the week between Christmas and New Year’s
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submissions: Please include a cover letter demonstrating how you meet the above qualifications, a resume and a list of three professional references.
Please note: Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Tahirih Justice Center is committed to equal opportunity and promotes equity and transparency as core values. Tahirih practices inclusiveness in decision making through the use of consultation with employees throughout the organization. Tahirih does not discriminate against any person on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, ability, gender, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Applicants committed to equity from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and identities are encouraged to apply.