Details: Nonprofit rate with excellent benefits package
408 C St. NE
District of Columbia
Do you have a heart for social justice? Sojourners has an immediate need for an Immigration Campaign Coordinator to join our dynamic team providing initiative and support to Sojourners’ immigration campaign. This is a two-year position with the opportunity for extension pending funding.
Job Function: Activities and responsibilities include policy research and legislation tracking, writing and communications projects, relationship building and representation at coalitional meetings, and social media efforts.
- Equip and mobilize church and lay leaders around immigration related issues.
- Research policy issues, track legislation, and lead internal campaign strategy.
- Provide policy updates to relevant Sojourners staff on a regular basis.
- Attend partner meetings and immigration-related events as assigned.
- Assist with social media and online platforms for Sojourners’ immigration campaign.
- Lead rapid response efforts with media and communications staff.
- Organize logistics for immigration related forums, strategy sessions and speaking engagements.
- Draft content for monthly e-newsletters on immigration.
- Respond to constituent inquiries via e-mail and phone as needed.
- Provide administrative, publication, and scheduling support for national policy events as needed.
- Support the planning and execution of mobilizing actions and/or events, including rallies, marches, and/or conferences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of, and appreciation for, faith communities and faith-based advocacy.
- 1-2 years’ experience working in immigration policy/advocacy or with immigrant communities.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Experience working with social media and online communications platforms.
- Fluency in Spanish and English.
- Previous advocacy experience preferred.
Excellent benefits package includes paid health insurance, 20 days paid vacation, paid sick/personal leave, 401(k) Plan, and a positive, faith-based work environment.
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional reference contacts to email@example.com or Immigration Campaign Coordinator Search, Sojourners, 408 C St. NE, Washington, DC 20002. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Sojourners is an equal opportunity employer that continually seeks to diversify its staff. People of color are highly encouraged to apply.