Details: Competitive, based on experience
About the Team
The Finance & Accounting Team is responsible for the financial well-being of the organization. This includes supporting the short and long-term planning /forecasting cycles, providing accurate and timely reporting for decision support, as well as, ensuring that we account for all transactions in accordance with GAAP and in a manner that supports required grant reporting. We collaborate cross functionally to ensure that the that the organization meets its financial goals which will enable it to fulfill its mission of transforming education.
About the Role
The Senior Financial Analyst in this role will directly contribute to the evolution of our business model, and will work closely with the CFO and the CEO to forecast and plan for this fast moving social enterprise. He/she will project financial results through budgets and forecasts, play a key role in collaborating with the program and development teams at New Classrooms, and manage the financial operations associated with revenue and margin generation. We are seeking someone who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and shares our passion for reimagining education.
- You are a highly critical thinker who is able to critically analyze various approaches or solutions and can gather insights from a variety of inputs
- You are an inquisitive problem solver, successfully navigating whatever systems (whether data or people) to get the information you need
- You are an effective communicator, able to capture and explain financial concepts to financial and non-financial parties
- You are passionate about numbers. You have an eagle eye for the decimal level of detail but can also zoom out and look at the big picture of what the numbers are telling you
- You are comfortable with uncharted waters and are always willing to dive right in
- You are known and trusted for your integrity
What You Would Do
- Build and maintain financial models, forecasts and management reports
- Develop financial forecasts in support of the annual operating budget and long range planning
- Analyze financial viability of new program opportunities and operating models.
- Develop financial models and present findings in a meaningful format
- Determine short- and long-term fundraising needs
- Evaluate pricing strategies, and assist in developing affordable fee structures for schools.
- Serve as the primary financial liaison with districts for revenue management
- Interface with fundraising, business development, and school partnership teams to manage revenue targets and track progress against goals
- Perform activity-based and other costing analyses to determine the cost of products and services offered
- Enhance the organization's business intelligence and decision support capabilities through data, modeling, and systematic solutions
- Create institutional grant budgets and manage organizational expenditures against budgets
- Provide financial information for the Board of Directors and for grant proposals as required
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in finance or related field
- 3-6 years of progressive work experience with at least 3 years working in corporate finance, investment banking, or FP&A role
- Advanced Excel/financial modeling skills and proven quantitative and analytical abilities
- Experience with VBA a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfort working in a highly collaborative start-up/entrepreneurial work environment
- Ability to work easily with people at all levels of the organization
- Team player with a willingness and eagerness to help
- Self-starter able to work independently
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information and maintain strict confidentiality
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter here: https://newclassrooms.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=247