Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President, the Accounting and Finance Manager will manage all aspects of the organization’s financial operations and accounting practices, including oversight of accounts payable and receivable, payroll, student financial accounts, budgeting, production of financial statements and reports, and advisement of the senior management team on financial matters.
The Accounting and Finance Manager is responsible for monitoring and maintaining internal financial controls, while overseeing financial systems and related compliance requirements.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
To perform in this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: one direct report – Staff Accountant
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field required; CPA a plus
· 5-8+ years relevant work experience as a finance manager or equivalent; experience in nonprofit accounting required (e.g. revenue recognition, public support testing, 990 reporting)
· Remain up-to-date on best practices in nonprofit finance, business systems and internal control measures, and state and federal law regarding nonprofit operations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Proven accounting experience in accounts receivable, payables, reconciliation and payroll.
· Familiarity with bookkeeping and accounting procedures.
· Proven experience with Excel for financial analysis and accounting reconciliations.
· Knowledge of and experience with Federal Student Financial aid processes a plus.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
· Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Internet and e-mail proficiency, and various accounting systems a plus.
· Ability to read and understand technical forms and financial reports.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships, while maintaining confidentiality.
· General office environment
· Hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m.to 6:00 p.m.
· Travel: None
Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President, the Accounting and Finance Manager will manage all aspects of the organization’s financial operations and accounting practices, including oversight of accounts payable…