6 East 39th Street
LOCATION: New York, NY
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
NIF is the leading organization committed to equality and democracy in Israel. We are a partnership of Israelis and supporters worldwide who believe in a vision of Israel as both the Jewish homeland and a shared society at peace with itself and its neighbors. To this end, we support Israeli activists and organizations who work to advance democracy, human rights, social justice, shared society, and religious freedom and who work to combat the occupation.
NIF seeks a friendly, organized, and intelligent individual to serve as an Executive Assistant and Office Coordinator in our New York headquarters. Executive Assistant and Office Coordinator provides invaluable support to the NY based staff as well as executive support for our VP of Public Engagement. You will be the forward-facing face, voice and tone for the New York headquarters so should have the presence to interact and interface with our major donors and their staff. You will provide direct support for the VP of Public Engagement and carry the responsibility for all aspects of administering the New Israel Fund NY headquarters. We work hard to create and maintain a healthy and happy work culture in the office and you will be a big part of setting that tone and improving it over time.
· Support the New York-based headquarters: answer telephones and door, manage office calendar and coordinate staff meetings and celebrations.
· Oversee and maintain the office—including ordering and keeping inventory of office supplies, stationary and NIF materials and maintenance of office equipment.
· Housekeeping, food ordering, and maintaining office and kitchen appearance with an eye to major donor visits and in-office events.
· Outgoing and incoming mail.
· Data entry and database maintenance.
· Process gift forms.
· Maintain and check various office email boxes. Respond to donor and prospect requests and queries as needed.
· Provide additional support as needed
Executive Support for VP of Public Engagement
· Manage schedule and coordinate internal and external meetings.
· Coordinate travel arrangements.
· Prepare invoices and expense reports as requested.
· Support the fluid functioning of the Public Engagement team.
Qualifications and skills
· BA/BS degree.
· Commitment to NIF’s issues and values.
· Ability to represent NIF in an articulate and compelling manner.
· Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and be a team player.
· Strong writing skills.
· Detail Oriented.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills, steady demeanor and the ability to work well with lay leaders and colleagues.
· Computer proficiency essential; Raiser’s Edge, EveryAction, iWave and HTML skills a plus.
· Ability to manage several projects at one time
· Hebrew a plus
The position reports to the Senior Director, NY/Tri-State Region.
35-40 hours a week with benefits
Minimum Education Required