40 Wall Street
District 75 is a school district intended for students with severe needs that require more intensive support. Students may have very significant needs, including academic, social and/or interpersonal development, physical development, and management needs. Students’ behavior may be aggressive, self-abusive, or extremely withdrawn. Students may have severe difficulties with language and social skills.
The District 75 Specialist should have a significant understanding of the school district and align this understanding with the Girl Scout Volunteer experience. The District 75 Specialist must promote transparency and accountability of the Girl Scout Volunteer Experience to assure positive outcomes for all girl and adult members in Girl Scouting. The District 75 Specialist must act with empathy, awareness and openness.
▪ Gather best practices and develop a playbook for volunteers working with girls of varying abilities.
▪ Work with the Senior Manager of Access Initiatives to develop and implement marketing strategies to achieve established recruitment goals in assigned geographic areas.
▪ Promote the Girl Scout program to parents of children attending District 75 schools throughout the five boroughs.
▪ Conduct recruitment and parent meetings to recruit girls and adult volunteers to support the troop.
▪ Train, support, and engage troop leaders and other volunteers to guarantee quality program delivery.
▪ Work with volunteers to ensure timely submission of membership registration in assigned geographic areas.
▪ Provide information to volunteers through e-newsletters and social media, and support their interaction with other departments within the Council.
▪ Research and foster partnerships with expert organizations.
▪ Research and provide suggestions on how to advance the exclusivity of the organization.
▪ Interpret and support GSUSA and Council policies and standards.
▪ Other duties as assigned.
▪ Help adapt Girl Scout National Program Portfolio resources and tools to serve as best practices for troops as needed to help foster meaningful inclusion.
▪ Foster online community space to connect District 75 troop leaders across boroughs.
▪ Empower Girl Scout volunteers by providing the support and information necessary to make positive and informed choices and decisions.
▪ Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
▪ Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to exercise mature judgment.
▪ Proficiency in identifying, analyzing and solving problems.
▪Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
▪Independent schools membership & product sales manager, District 75 specialist
▪ Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with others.
▪ Ability to motivate volunteers.
▪ Demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse communities, including ability to listen and communicate effectively.
▪ Bachelor’s Degree required.
▪ Ability to commit to a flexible work schedule that may include some evenings and weekends. Must be flexible and accept change within their daily routine.
▪ Knowledge of District 75 School community in New York City.
▪ Excellent computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Salesforce, Constant Contact and social media.
▪ Excellent customer service skills.
▪ The ability to lift and move a minimum of 35 pounds is required for this position.
▪ Knowledge of Girl Scout programs preferred.
▪ Subscribe to the beliefs and principles of the Girl Scout movement.
▪ Demonstrated success working in conjunction with school leaders, administrators, staff and teachers.
▪ Experience working with people with Intellectual Disabilities.
The Girl Scout Council of Greater New York is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals with disabilities, women, minorities and other candidates who are members of historically marginalized groups are especially encouraged to apply.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description. Any essential function or requirement of this job will be evaluated as necessary should an incumbent or applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodation(s) for the specific disability will be made for the incumbent or applicant when possible
Minimum Education Required