1925 North Clybourn Avenue
Summary: The Grants Accountant is responsible for post-award grant administration and accounting. Provides primary accounting function for all grant monitoring administration, compliance, grant account, and financial analysis and reports of award grants through their final closing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
1. Set up new grants:
· Set up new grants and awards in Abila MIP software module
· Requests grant checks or draw downs on a monthly basis under the supervision of the CFO.
· Enter indirect cost allocations, match journal entries and ensure the accuracy of restricted from non-restricted funds.
· Manage accounts payable and receivable activities for the grant/awards and subcontracts.
· Meet with the Grant Administrator, Development staff when a grant is awarded to review responsibilities for grant management and reporting. Subsequent meetings to maintain communication throughout and at the conclusion of the grant.
· Participates in monthly budget review meetings.
· Maintains resources for compliance training (web-based)
· Run Open Grants report monthly and review balances with Senior Accountant.
· Update on available grant funds periodically
· Prepare and maintain monthly the summary data sheet on funding draws from Federal Agencies (HUD, HRSA, CDC, etc.)
· Prepare/coordinate quarterly reports for Federal Agencies. Contacting/collaborating with other offices as needed to gather required information.
· Reconcile interim and final financial reports.
· Verify final financial reports with Senior Accountant and obtain approval form the CFO
· Provide grant data for annual Agency grant audits (A-133 audit)
3. Close grants:
· Carry out grant closing activities
4. Provide compliance and Project/Program Director training:
· Implement procedures to communicate, educate, and ensure compliance with internal policies and applicable grant/award regulations.
· Monitor compliance with internal policies related to grant funds and any other applicable grant regulations.
5. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES:
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
· Ability to communicate processes and procedures required in grant/award administration and management.
· Requires 3 to 5 years accounting, budget management or related experience
· Demonstrated competency with 10 key calculator, Microsoft Office, and Accounting Software, Fluency in Abila MIP software package, ADP WorkForce preferred. Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
· Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and organization skills.
· Ability to work independently.
· Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
· Attention to detail and accuracy in the recording of accounting entries.
· Good planning and organization skills.
· Ability to establish good working relationships with other members of a diverse workplace.
Minimum Education Required