2101 L St., NW
GBCI is the premier certification body responsible for global delivery and quality oversight of green building and green business sustainability standards. It is an integrated team of green building specialists administering and advancing the certification programs of industry leading rating systems addressing sustainability, health, and wellness in the built environment and beyond, for LEED, WELL, PEER, SITES, EDGE, GRESB, Parksmart, ICP, and TRUE.
The GBCI Program Development Specialist plays an integral role in administering and improving upon existing standard operating processes as well as continued development and implementation of the WELL certification program. This highly motivated individual uses their extensive industry experience, technical expertise and project management skills to work within a dynamic, high performing cross functional team to deliver certification services for the WELL program. A successful candidate is a personable team member with an aptitude for operations tasks, project management, process improvement, and a passion for learning. Known for a strong sense of ownership, problem solving, creativity, and professional accountability. Detail oriented with superior organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to embrace change and multitask in fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
This position is located in Washington, DC.
- Support day-to-day operations and serve as the primary point-of-contact for WELL certification: assign reviews, monitor review timelines and ensure deadlines are met, process applications, perform light technical quality control, communicate policies, and monitor and analyze program specific performance metrics and prepare reporting
- Support networks of Performance Testing Agents, organizations and laboratories for WELL v2: reviewing applications, monitoring customer feedback, managing annual reporting and renewal, and serving as point of contact
- Administrative support to review and process invoices from contracted organizations, invoices from labs and performance testing expenses, and quarterly budgeting
- Assist GBCI WELL Reviewers with preparation and logistics for GBCI led performance testing: coordinating with labs globally, placing orders, coordinating shipping, paying invoices, approving orders
- Develop, implement and optimize WELL certification processes
- Assist in developing WELL educational materials for marketing publications
- Schedule, coordinate, run, and present materials in meetings with teams of WELL Reviewers, business development, and technical development teams.
- Prepare administrative and orientation training materials and resources
- Deliver outstanding customer support by providing timely, positive and professional attitude, and maintaining composure under pressure
Metrics for Success
- Complete all assigned project deliverables and inquiries on schedule
- Achieve customer service satisfaction consistent with department goals
- Achieve individual performance goals on an annual basis
- Demonstrate professional growth by advancing foundational and leadership competencies
Level of Language Proficiency
- 5% to 10%
Education and Training Requirements/Preferences
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business Administration; MBA preferred
- LEED Green Associate and/or Accredited Professional preferred (required within 6 months of hire)
- WELL AP preferred (required within 6 months of hire)
- Minimum 4+ years working in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Minimum 2+ years professional experience project coordination and/or operations
- Ability to read, understand and interpret building floor plans, sections, site plans, construction specifications and operational policies preferred
Other Required Skills and Qualifications
- Passion and commitment to GBCI’s mission to become the premier organization independently recognizing excellence in green business performance and practice globally
- Comfortable working above and beyond job responsibilities to further the organizational goals
- Demonstrated success with process improvement
- Excellent time management, judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal business communication skills
- Ability to prioritize projects, detail oriented, attentive, and proactive
- Strong sense of ownership, superior integrity, and professional accountability
- Personable team member with success working well independently and with diverse groups
- Quick study, with an aptitude for gaining new technical skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and consultants
- Strong computer skills, including expertise with MS Office suite
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email email@example.com or fax your resume and a letter of interest.
- Note the title of the position you are applying for.
- Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
- Fax: 202-315-3949.
- No phone calls, please.