OVERVIEW: The Social Work Supervisor has full responsibility for the on-going clinical guidance of the clinical/case planner staff members. The Supervisor also provides on-going training and supervision to the clinical staff. The Supervisor may be called upon to perform any of the line functions normally performed by a social worker/case planner and is expected to be fully proficient in those areas. The Supervisor is familiar with all Preventive Service and Child Welfare Standards and functions as an internal resource on such matters.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
- Provides supervision and support to Case Planners via individual sessions, staff meetings, and in-house trainings; trains new Case Planners.
- Evaluates appropriateness of service plans (FASPs) and approves these based upon an understanding of any safety/risk concerns in the family and the service needs of the children and parents.
- Participates in/facilitates weekly case conference as well as Family Team Conferences, as needed.
- Completes job performance evaluations and provides professional development support on a regular basis.
- Responsible for intake on new referrals.
- Provides frequent and appropriate feedback to program stakeholders including ACS Child Protection
- Understands ACS/OCFS electronic systems including PROMIS and CNNX
- Provides all necessary notes, progress notes, other paperwork as required by ACS and ABC including entering monthly supervisory notes in CNNX for CWS cases and in the case record for ADVPO cases
- Learn the CPP treatment model by participating in CPP training and case consultation
- Evaluate and implement CPP intervention model treatment to families with children (0-5 years old) who have experienced traumatic event(s)
- Adhere to fidelity of CPP model. Work within model structure, regarding length of treatment, case contacts, interventions, supervision and documentation
- Integrate regulatory standards into CPP treatment approach to monitor risk and safety concerns
- Participate in training, supervision and consultation activities
- May supervise student interns.
Minimum Education Required