Transitional Living Shelter Coordinator and Youth in Transition Case Manager
- Job posted by Youth Services of Windham County
Details: $16 per hour
32 Walnut Street
Youth Services has been a highly-respected part of the Windham County of VT community since 1972. Our mission is to provide transformative prevention, intervention and development programs for young people and families in Windham County communities. Youth Services is a supportive, creative, dynamic workplace. We offer a competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
The Brattleboro Transitional Living Shelter Coordinator and Youth in Transition Case Manager provides direct support and referral services directed toward procuring and/or stabilizing safe housing, sustainable and meaningful employment, emotional and physical well-being and positive permanent peer and adult connections for disconnected young people ages 15-24.
In addition to direct service, this position oversees the Transitional Living Program shelter-apartment in Brattleboro. This includes admissions and discharge planning with residents and their case managers; the maintenance of the existing shelter programming; envisioning and implementing programming that adjusts to residents’ needs and strengths; cultivating community partnerships to assist with enacting programming; coordinating with the landlord about maintenance and other issues and tracking and reporting on data.
Direct service and shelter management are centered in empowering clients to be impactful self-advocates, build resiliency, increase social/emotional competence and be engaged with their communities.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: Ongoing until position is filled
· Bachelor’s Degree in psychology or related field and/or an equivalent amount of training, education and/or lived experience.
· Experience working with families and adolescents.
· Experience with crisis intervention.
· An understanding of the impact that trauma and toxic stress has on individuals
· A social justice orientation to service work that emphasizes compassion, empathy, advocacy and instilling hope.
· Excellent organizational and communication skills.
· The ability to balance multiple roles when interfacing with clients and team members.
· Reliable transportation. Motor vehicle insurance coverage within legal limits set by the State of Vermont and/or funder requirements for transporting clients--whichever is greater.
Minimum Education Required