The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 69 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
The Philanthropy Communications Manager supports the cultivation and stewardship of donors across The Nature Conservancy in New York by drafting, editing, and coordinating the production of a variety of fundraising communications materials, including newsletters, appeal letters, annual reports, and shorter proposals and reports.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience coordinating projects.
- Experience generating reports, and analyzing and interpreting data.
- Experience with current technology in relevant field.
- Experience working across departments.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in principles and practices of relevant field.
- Multi-lingual skills appreciated
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience
- Ability to implement complex processes.
- Ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrated experience using diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships and motivate staff.
- Ability to distill information for the purpose of preparing reports, coordinating efforts, and solving problems.
- Ability to apply research skills.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in conservation or non-profit work.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID 46313 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST April 02, 2018.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.