Communications and Development Officer (Contract Position, Telework Possible)
- Job posted by International Association of Women Judges
Details: contract position of $20 to $24 per hour.
1800 Massachusetts Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
The International Association of Women Judges (IAWJ) is an international association of more than 6000 members at all judicial levels in 100 countries. The association is headquartered in Washington, DC. Founded in 1991, the IAWJ unites women judges from diverse legal-judicial systems who share a commitment to equal justice and the rule of law. Through pioneering judicial education programs and worldwide collaboration, the IAWJ is working to advance human rights, eliminate discrimination on the basis of gender and make courts accessible to all.
The IAWJ is seeking a highly motivated multi-lingual person to support IAWJ’s international communications and fundraising efforts. The Communications and Development Officer will be primarily responsible for the development, and implementation of the organization’s communication strategies and tools to increase engagement with members, external audiences, and potential and current funders. The officer will support the Executive Director in fundraising plans, including, but not limited to annual giving, major individual and corporate gifts, sponsorships, corporate and foundation grants, and special fundraising events.
- Develop, implement and evaluate an integrated annual communications plan that includes leveraging the website, social media, email, and other targeted outreach to members and other audiences in collaboration with IAWJ staff.
- Generate messaging content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Content formats include email, newsletter, article, press release, and website.
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness of IAWJ’s members, expertise, services and activities.
- Coordinate webpage maintenance–ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories and events) is posted regularly. Monitor and report on website visitor statistics.
- Maintain social media networks. Track and measure the level of engagement within the networks over time.
- Monitor and respond to incoming inquiries about IAWJ and its services.
· Perform donor and prospect research on individuals, corporations and foundations.
· Assist in the development of donor communications (e.g. brochures, newsletters, appeals, special events).
· Support the submission of funding requests (e.g. compiling necessary documents, mailing application package).
· Organize and maintain development records, office files and other materials.
Membership Development and Retention:
- Develop and manage strategies and systems for acquiring members and participate in efforts to engage members in programs and services
- Help promote the value of membership in outreach efforts and through attendance at affiliate events and IAWJ meetings
- Develop member materials and assist other staff and managers with projects related to membership
- Coordinate member needs assessment and help tie programs to identified needs
- Help develop membership communications and marketing materials for promoting the value of membership and reports on the results of these efforts
- Refine and administer the renewal processes and procedures for all categories of membership
- Develop member service standards and handles member issues directly by providing timely customer service
- Coordinate with the finance manager the invoicing and processing of annual dues of individuals and national chapters/associations.
- Work closely with conference organizers on membership registration for the IAWJ biennial international conference.
- Manage the membership software system (Memberclicks) to update and insure the accuracy of members’ records and reports while maintaining the overall integrity of the database, including overseeing subordinates in database entry
- Generate and publish regular membership statistics and reports
- Insure accuracy and timeliness of the membership information section on the website; making updates as needed
- Create and implement systems for onsite membership at meetings of the Association
· Bachelor’s degree plus one to three years of communications experience
· Ability to speak, read, and write in English and Spanish required. Fluency in French a plus.
· Strong skills in leadership, problem-solving, time management, and communication
· Strong interpersonal/relationship building skills
· Experience in cultivating, soliciting and stewardship of donors
· Computer proficiency – Windows/MS Office to include high level of MS Excel knowledge, WordPress, and donor management software.
· Well-disciplined self-starter, able to manage multiple projects and achieve goals
· Nonprofit experience a plus
· Eagerness to be creative and take initiative on new ideas and projects.
Compensation and Terms:
Hourly rate of $20 to $25, commensurate with experience. Telework is possible after an initial period of work.
Qualified and Interested Applicants:
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, writing sample, and names of references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Level of Language Proficiency
English, Spanish, French
Minimum Education Required