221 Whitney Avenue
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
General Purpose: Plans and executes entire publicity strategy for select YUP titles, focusing on scholarly and academic titles but also including trade and paperback reprints, as seasonally appropriate. Manages author and publishing-partner relations for select campaigns. Represents YUP to select media including initiating, developing, and maintaining strong business relationships with editors, producers, and critics across a range of media outlets. May include some travel and evening hours for special events.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field and three years of book publicity or public relations experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Excellent writing and proofreading skills, and attention to detail.
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail under pressure. A well-developed ability to manage a large number of campaigns simultaneously and to communicate effectively with various stakeholders.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong familiarity with social media, especially in the context of public relations and/or publishing.
- Preferred Education and Experience: Master’s Degree or Postgraduate Cert. Established contacts in publishing media worlds. Experience with LexisNexis, Adobe Acrobat, or Creative Suite; with a range of Internet search engines and portals as research tools; use of Cision or Publicity Assistant. Understanding of copyright relating to media usage of YUP books.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/51497BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
Minimum Education Required