1 Ford Place
Reporting to the L&D Director, the Impact Coach supports 50 AmeriCorps members across 5 schools in building the knowledge and skills required to deliver City Year’s Whole School, Whole Child program to students in grades 3 - 9 in need of support. Analogous to an instructional coach in a school, the Impact Coach is the instructional expert who works with AmeriCorps members to identify student learning needs, and provide them with the coaching and tools to drive student academic and social-emotional learning gains.
The Impact Coach is also responsible for partnering with the Evaluation Manager and each school’s Impact Manager to develop content for and deliver training sessions specifically in the areas of behavior/classroom management, English Language Arts, and math.Job Description
This position is for school year 2018-2019 and will not begin until mid-June.
Observation and Coaching
Ensure student-level impact through observing, coaching, and supporting 50 AmeriCorps Members and 5 Impact Managers:
- At least 8 observations of each AmeriCorps member completed over the course of the year as well as observations as needed/recommended by Impact Manager or Impact Coach.
- Monthly check-ins with Impact Managers and Bi-Weekly Check-ins with Impact Director to review progress made and additional areas to work on.
- Issue assessment reports on challenges, achievements, best practices, and lessons learned from observations, bi-weekly check-ins, and training sessions delivered.
Provide one-on-one and team-level academic and social-emotional learning intervention training and support to AmeriCorps members in 5 schools:
- Ensure AmeriCorps members are equipped to deliver high-quality tutoring each year.
- Ensure AmeriCorps members understand assessment scores and incorporate that information into their lesson planning.
- Support training for all Impact Managers to support AmeriCorps members through observation and coaching sessions throughout the year.
- Hold formal check in meetings with 5 Impact Managers over the schools the Impact Coach focuses on.
- In partnership with the Impact Managers and Evaluation Manager, monitor student level progress and performance data (e.g., academic assessment scores, course grades, behavior incidents, daily attendance).
- Coach AmeriCorps members on how to adjust interventions/improve instructional practice based on data.
- Support the Impact Managers in generating next steps from data analysis.
Practice Design and Improvement
With the L&D Director and Evaluation Manager, create and implement a plan to equip AmeriCorps members with the knowledge and skills necessary to improve interventions across all indicators including the integration of social-emotional learning strategies:
- With the L&D Director and Evaluation Manager, assist in creating a training calendar aligned to City Year’s AmeriCorps member curriculum map.
- Create professional development content as needed.
- Facilitate professional development sessions.
Provide recommendations on school-wide initiatives to promote culture of learning and engagement:
- Literacy/math/attendance/behavior/college and career events.
- Extended learning time clubs that support student achievement and leadership development.
- Recommend resources to expand literacy, math, attendance, social-emotional learning, and behavior knowledge base of all staff and AmeriCorps members.
Participation in Organizational Initiatives
- Devote up to 10 days a year to AmeriCorps member recruitment interviews.
- Assist with Opening Day, Annual Gala, Graduation, and other side-wide designated events.
- Attend overnight events including Summer Academy (a conference for all City Year staff held in Boston for 1 week in the summer), and other local and national events.
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page in the application. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.