650 Grand Concourse
Are you passionate about urban education? Are you a self-starter, with the desire to secure funding for an educational institution with enormous hurdles but even greater outcomes? Join a dynamic and ambitious team and get in on the ground floor of a successful underdog story!
Cardinal Hayes High School, an all-boys Catholic high school in the Bronx, is currently looking for an ambitious Director of Major Gifts to identify, cultivate, and solicit our most promosing prospects and alumni.
The Mission of Cardinal Hayes High School is to inspire culturally diverse young men of the New York City metropolitan area through spiritual growth and a rigorous collegiate preparatory program of academics, extra-curricular activities and personal discipline. As a Christian community comprised of parents, students, faculty, alumni and benefactors, we will accomplish our goal of personal excellence and responsible citizenship by embracing traditional Roman Catholic values.
Major Gifts Officer
Overview: Responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major ($25k+) and planned gifts.
Reports to: Vice President for Development
· Overall management of the School’s program of cultivating, soliciting, stewarding and tracking the school’s relationship with major donors and prospective major donors through regular personal contact, written, phone, and electronic communication, follow-up, outreach events, face-to-face meetings, and special events
· In concert with the Vice President for Development, School President, Development Staff and key campaign volunteers, develop cultivation and solicitation strategies for prospects and assist volunteer solicitors with prospect calls, proposal preparation, completion of call reports, documenting action steps, and timelines needed
· Being regularly "on the road" and personally managing a portfolio of assigned major gifts prospects
· Manage a portfolio of ~150 major gifts prospects and meet assigned metrics for success, as defined by measures including number of contacts, quality and quantity of moves, visits, proposals delivered and submitted
· With the Database Manager and Development Associate, ensure the accurate processing and tracking of major gifts, timely acknowledgements and pledge reminders
· Promote the School’s Planned Giving program to increase membership in the Legacy Society of planned giving donors and the St. Paula’s Society for widows of Hayesmen
· With the Director of Alumni Relations & Annual Giving and the Vice President for Development coordinate the Annual Fund solicitation of key major gifts prospects
· Participate in Development Office meetings including - preparing agenda and check-in points for regular 1-1 meetings with Vice President for Development, attending and reporting at prospect strategy meetings and Advancement Office staff meetings when travel schedule permits
· Other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Development
· Valid driver’s license and vehicle required
Paid vacation & sick time
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Tom Fike, Vice President for Development