Details: Salary based on experience.
TRLA has an opening for a tax paralegal (joining both the Federal Income Tax & Bexar County Tax Foreclosure Teams) in TRLA’s San Antonio office. The tax paralegal not only works with clients in tax foreclosure proceedings in Bexar County, but also provides litigation support to TRLA’s tax attorneys representing clients throughout TRLA’s service area with federal tax matters.
Some of the duties of this paralegal include:
• Provide direct representation of clients in administrative or judicial proceedings as Person-in-Charge of individual cases
• Maintain a client caseload, exercising the independent professional judgment required of an advocate on all aspects of each individual case
• Conduct eligibility and substantive interviews in person and by telephone, which interviews may at times take place outside the regular office setting;
• Provide basic information and referrals to applicants, including those ineligible for services;
• Interview clients and witnesses;
• Conduct follow-up of assigned cases, including investigating facts and researching law;
• Serve process and subpoenas;
• Prepare legal documents and IRS administrative forms;
• Notarize legal documents;
• Attend and participate in community group meetings and educational forums to conduct intake and community legal education presentations;
• Prepare legal educational materials;
• Maintain accurate and complete client files and administrative records, including data entry into client database and other requirements, such as timekeeping;
• Prepare administrative reports required by TRLA;
• Any other duties required by the Branch or Team Manager.
• Fluency in English and Spanish, both written and oral
• Verbal, reading, and writing skills sufficient to comprehend administrative law manuals and to adequately advocate on behalf of clients
• Ability to travel
Health and Dental insurance
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Minimum Education Required