Details: $17 per hour
800 Gates Avenue, 3rd Floor
Who We Are Seeking to Join Us
We seek mission driven accomplished and dedicated professionals with high expectations for children and the willingness to engage in deep reflection and growth. Our staff members are persistent, dedicated professionals, who are team players and have a sense of humor. Team members at La Cima are passionate about the development, learning and success of all children, and relentless about attaining the best outcomes. We seek professionals of high personal integrity and character who are committed to personal mastery and social justice, as we believe that we teach who we are.
School Aide Core Functions:
- Works under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager and Chief Operating Officer
- Serves as the Bus Lead while safely transitioning scholars to and from school Monday-Friday (during both AM and PM Bus Routes)
- Effectively communicates with families and La Cima Team members about important updates
- Supports with lunch and recess duties: including distribution of lunch, light cleaning of cafeteria between classes, facilitating playgroups and transitioning scholars from cafeteria to school yard
- Assists with administrative tasks such as mailings, school wide organization, preparation for school wide events and celebrations, etc.
- Implements positive discipline in accordance with our Love and Logic principals to ensure students are exhibiting CARE (Community, Accountability, Reconciliation and Effective Effort) during recess, lunch and the duration of the AM and PM bus routes
- Communicates and documents any incidents in a confidential and timely manner
- Total weekly work hours would be between 25-30 hours
- Willingness to go above and beyond to make sure that every student has a successful start and end to their day at La Cima
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Some College Preferred
- Must be reliable, professional and have the ability to effectively communicate via email, in person and through other forms of documentation
- Must be available for the duration of the school year (August 2018 – June 2019)
- Must receive Fingerprint Clearance through the New York State Education Department
- Able to stand, bend, reach, stoop and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Availability for bus duties: between 6 a.m. – 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. Monday – Friday
- Availability for lunch and recess: 10am – 2:00pm Monday – Friday
- Start Date: Immediate
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email a thoughtful resume and cover letter to our Recruitment Manager, Kaila McNair (email@example.com). Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. Interviews will be scheduled with interested candidates.
Please title the email subject line: School Aide Position