Details: Plus language differential
Impact NW started 50 years ago when a group of neighbors came together to address the growing poverty in their Southeast Portland neighborhood. Ever since, Impact NW has created life-changing partnerships with our clients to help them find their way and achieve their life goals. Key to our success is the cultural, educational, ethnic and social diversity of our employees. We tap our deep, diverse knowledge and experiences to build relationships with clients from many backgrounds and provide the extra guidance our clients desire. If you believe in what we do, join our team. Together, we can find a way.
Program: Multnomah Stability Initiative (MSI)
Department: Housing Safety Net
Pay Rate: $15.75 - $16.68/hr. plus language differential
Hours: Full-time, regular, non-exempt
JOB SUMMARY: The Assertive Engagement Housing Program Specialist II’s role is to provide community based social work services including engagement, coordination, advocacy, support and encouragement, and intensive case management. Responsibilities include applying Assertive Engagement best practices while following a Housing First philosophy for individuals and families experiencing housing instability. Specific duties include screening, intake, assessment, barrier removal, information and referral, landlord negotiations, habitability inspections, documentation, and ongoing client centered support. The primary working location for this position is Multnomah County.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all program requirements; including screening eligibility, intake enrollment standards, referral procedures for internal and external requests for resources and/or services, and documentation standards for client files.
- Provide participants from diverse backgrounds progressive person-centered and strength-based engagement with ongoing trauma informed case management and supportive services using the principles of Assertive Engagement to effectively encourage client strengths and to promote independence.
- Maintain a working knowledge of our area’s service providers for housing, mental health, addiction recovery, disability, public benefits, and other social service resources to provide this information to our community.
- Be self-motivated to work independently as well as have an ability to work in a team environment to support Impact NW’s mission and goals.
- Serve as a liaison to collaborating organizations including schools, social services, state agencies, and community groups as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with agency and funder documentation and evaluation requirements which support high staff productivity and quality client services.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in social work or related field; experience in human services working with families experiencing poverty and homelessness and/or working with clients who identify having mental health, addiction/recovery, and/or other long term disabilities can qualify over education requirement.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work within a strength-based, trauma-informed and person-centered support service delivery model serving people from diverse lifestyles, socioeconomic levels, and cultures with the abilities to provide culturally responsive services.
- Personal transportation and a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving history and ability to travel efficiently in the metro area.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Possess great organizational skills to be able to prioritize multiple and varied tasks.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office computer programs and database entry.
- Repetitive motion, prolonged sitting, extensive visual involvement.
- Orally communicate with others.
- Frequent travel required.
- May require some evening and/or weekend work.
- May be exposed to angry or distraught people facing crisis.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employer paid healthcare
- 401k with employer matching contribution
- Flexible work schedule
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish; fluent speaking and writing
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply please click on link. For more information about our organization visit www.impactnw.org