Reports to: Supportive Housing Programs Manager
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Hybrid work primarily in the field, but some remote work from home. Conducting home visits with clients, and works in collaboration with other community providers to help clients access housing placement resources, remain stably housed, promote self-sufficiency, and increase life skills.
- Work intensively in one-on-one relationships with clients to provide support, engagement, and referral through Housing First principles.
- Per HIP guidelines, provide face to face and ongoing telephone contact with participants to assist with the coordination of services and attention to residential stability.
- Access and update HMIS client records, residential and community resource information and care coordination activity in various databases to comply with contractual billing requirements.
- Provide “good tenant” guidance and basic living skills coaching to HIP participants.
- Meet with apartment managers and landlord to insure stability of client in the residential environment and negotiate new leases to assist clients with maintaining housing stability. Complete annual certification documents for the County.
- Promotes positive health behaviors to support optimal health and well-being. Refers participants to medical care and mental health services. Ensure clients apply for benefits assistance programs to encourage growth toward independent living.
- Participate in regular HIP Service Coordinator meetings and Coordinated Entry Service Meetings/Conference Calls.
- Partner and share insight with Bethesda Cares Critical Time Intervention staff.
- Meet with Bethesda Cares clinical program team for regular supervision.
- Must have own transportation and good driving record. Area of service delivery is throughout Montgomery County, MD.
Other duties as assigned.