611 N Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Job Title: Facility Manager
Date Developed: February 2018
Program: New Transitions and New Journeys
Classification: Exempt Full Time
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The incumbent is responsible for managing facility operations support to the programs located at 611 N Street Facility
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsibilities to include but not limited to the following:
· Manages and oversees the operations and maintenance of the building, building systems and equipment.
· Supervises and evaluates the performance of the housekeeping staff, cleaning contractor, receptionists and food service food service coordinator.
· Manages front desk reception and ensures incoming calls are handled and routed appropriately.
· Oversees security measures to ensure accurate resident check in, check out so staff are aware of who is in the facility.
· Works with vendors, ensures the facility is well maintained, remains in good repair, and operates in accordance with government regulations.
· Reports maintenance concerns to the Department of General Services (DGS) and provides follow up as necessary until concern is satisfactorily addressed.
· Conducts weekly building inspections to check for repair needs.
· Ensures building is cleaned daily and maintained in a clean and sanitary fashion.
· Ensures routine building maintenance is performed as required.
· Responds to emergency building maintenance concerns and ensures appropriate personnel within DGS is contacted.
· Conducts fire drills, completes and submits required documentation in a timely manner
· Ensures equipment owned and operated by NEBW is maintained in good condition, under warranty/service contract as appropriate, and plans for timely replacements.
· Maintains inventories of equipment, food and food service supplies, office supplies and cleaning agents.
· Ensures an adequate inventory of food and household supplies is maintained at all times, including food and supply requirements for emergencies.
· Orders and distributes supplies for all NEBW offices.
· Maintains a Food Handler Certification and ensures the Food Service Coordinator’s certification remains current.
· Ensures food is prepared according to food handling safety protocols.
· Ensures food served is nutritious and follows dietary guidelines.
· Ensures kitchen is maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary fashion.
· Coordinates with IT contractor to ensure systems and equipment are maintained and operate efficiently. Orders new equipment when necessary.
· Attends all required meetings and training.
· Has on call responsibilities for maintenance and other facility emergencies.
· Serves as a role model for residents by demonstrating good work ethics.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervises the Housekeeper, Food Service Coordinator, Receptionists
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Regular internal contact with NEBW staff well as regular contact with other agencies, contractors, and vendors.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred
Experience: Minimum of three years management
Knowledge/Skills: Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
Food Handlers Certificate and have a general knowledge of proper nutrition
Types 40-45 WPM
General knowledge of household cleaning agents
· Sustained concentration
· Frequent interruptions
· Ability to navigate steps
· Moderate noise level
· Occasional travel between sites and for outside meetings
· Considerable sitting, very light lifting, bending, walking
· Moderate eye strain
New Endeavors by Women offers a competitive salary and generous benefits, including: health insurance; fully paid life insurance; a 403b retirement savings program; supplemental insurance; staff training and a collegial work environment. NEBW is conveniently located with access to several bus lines, and Metro within three blocks.
Minimum Education Required