Techbridge Girls (TBG) excites, educates, and equips girls from low-income communities by delivering high-quality STEM programming that empowers a girl to achieve economic mobility and better life chances. Through our gender and culturally responsive afterschool and professional development programs, we empower the next generation of girl innovators and leaders to change the world. Since the launch of our programs in 2000, Techbridge Girls has directly served over 6,000 girls in grades 4-12 through after-school and summer programs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Greater Seattle, and Washington, DC. Through our Professional Development work, (in which we train out of school providers to deliver high-quality STEM programs ), we have served over 20,000 girls through our national partnerships with Society of Women Engineers, Girl Scouts USA and the YMCA USA. Additionally, Techbridge Girls has trained over 20,000 role models, teachers and families to support girls’ paths toward STEM. With an annual organizational budget of approximately $3 million and 25 employees, Techbridge Girls is poised for bold growth to increase its impact.
The Program Manager, After School reports to the Executive Director, Pacific Northwest. This position is responsible for ensuring full delivery of all aspects of TBG direct service after-school programs for middle school and high school aged girls, including the social/emotional development of participants, curriculum, field trips, role model visits, and community and family engagement.
- Deliver a dynamic, high-quality curriculum at each program site to inspire girls to pursue STEM career pathways through exposure to science, technology and engineering concepts and human-centered design projects.
- Deliver STEM curriculum for students ranging from 6th-12th grade.
- Mentor high school girls to support their STEM futures by connecting them with STEM internships, STEM extracurricular activities, college and career readiness, academic and socioemotional needs.
- Support growth of the High School program by providing input on development of the model as well as documentation of lesson delivery, mentoring and partnership development.
- Ensure fidelity to model and all its elements.
- Work with Program Coordinator to update database records and manage the logistics of field trips, role model visits and events.
- Manage program budgets for events and supplies.
- Work with Techbridge Girls administrative and finance staff to collect revenue and pay vendors as needed.
Relationship Management and Outreach
- Establish relationships with corporate partners, STEM networks and universities to plan and host field trips and role model visits for each program site.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with school administrators and teachers by providing regular updates on program progress and planning, upcoming field trips and family events, and survey administration.
- Establish relationships with families and community resources outreach to provide additional support to participants.
- Use data to present analysis and to fine tune processes, develop ideas to gain efficiencies, and/or fine tune program delivery.
- Contribute regularly to the region’s and organization's marketing and visibility strategies including social media content and event facilitation.
- Support grant report writing by supplying written descriptions of program successes and challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree required (science, engineering, social work and/or education field highly desired) and minimum of 2 years’ experience facilitating youth programming
- Bilingual (particularly Spanish) a plus
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience working with families, schools, and communities from diverse cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds required
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and relationship-building skills
- Knowledge of, and interest in, equity issues affecting women of color in STEM
- Knowledge of social /emotional teaching practices and mentoring techniques
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated, creative, flexible, and a self-starter
- Experience with taking initiative to ensure successful outcomes
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
This is a full-time position based in the Greater Seattle, WA office in Burien, Washington. Techbridge Girls offers a competitive salary and benefits, including medical insurance, paid vacation and a retirement plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please compose a cover letter that describes your commitment to the mission of Techbridge Girls and how your experience fits the qualifications of the position. Please email cover letter, including compensation requirements, and resume with the subject “Program Manager, After-school, PNW.