The Community Foundation of Western North Carolina (CFWNC), founded in 1978, is a public charity with a mission to expand philanthropy in the eighteen counties of Western North Carolina, including the Qualla Boundry. CFWNC manages charitable funds for individuals, businesses and charitable organizations, and makes grants toward the region’s pressing needs and promising opportunities.
The Donor Relations Associate is a frontline contact for individuals and families who have established a fund at the Foundation. This position also supports the Donor Relations Officers (DROs) and the President to address the needs of fundholders and advisors. The Donor Relations Associate has responsibilities related to data management, basic fund administration and event support. The Donor Relations Associate works across the organization to assess and address donor relations matters, including collaboration with the Program Department for co-investment, site visits and other donor outreach related to grants.
· Provide administrative support and tracking for communication (in all forms) related to donors and funds.
· Support and execute key communications with fundholders.
· Serve as key team resource for CSuite (CRM) database.
· Work with IT Director and DROs to research and implement technologies related to donor stewardship.
· Co-administer Online Fund Access platform including site maintenance, troubleshooting, documentation and user support.
· Co-coordinate logistics for donor events, including configuring invitee lists, creating and sending invitations, tracking RSVPs, preparing collateral materials and providing on-site support. (These events may occur outside normal working hours of 9am to 5pm.)
· Manage administrative tasks and reporting related to fund activity, donor relations and stewardship.
· Provide administrative support to DROs and Foundation President.
· Provide administrative support for Focus Area grant cycles including co-investment tracking, end-of-cycle thank you coordination and post-grant site visits.
· Support President with preparation for Board of Directors meetings including communications, attendance tracking, material coordination, taking meeting minutes, webpage updates and reception planning.
· Support President with preparation for Executive Committee and Nomination Committee meetings.
· Other duties as assigned.
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position and the duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
· Minimum three years of experience in fundraising, donor relations, client relations, or philanthropy (or a combination of equivalent experience).
· Strong computer skills including direct experience with data entry and reporting using an integrated database system and Microsoft Office.
· Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
· Commitment to quality work, continuous improvement, and accountability.
· Willingness to travel in Western North Carolina.
· Desire to work in a team environment.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort in working with high net worth individuals.
· As with all CFWNC staff, assume responsibilities necessary to meet CFWNC’s strategic goals.
· Brings a sense of humor to the position.
Ability to lift and carry objects of at least 15 pounds and up to 50 pounds in weight, occasionally lifting overhead. Ability to drive an automobile for up to three consecutive hours at a time. Job duties require approximately 85% sitting/typing, and 15% standing/walking. Physical requirements will vary depending upon the specific duties to be accomplished.
The Community Foundation of Western North Carolina (CFWNC), founded in 1978, is a public charity with a mission to expand philanthropy in the eighteen counties of Western North Carolina, including the Qualla Boundry. CFWNC manages…
Compensation will be commensurate with skill level and experience with an annual performance and salary review. Foundation employees participate in a Paid Time Off accrual system initially equivalent to 25 days off per year representing vacation and sick time, plus eight additional paid holidays and paid parental/family leave. CFWNC offers participation in group health, dental, vision and retirement plans to eligible employees.
Compensation will be commensurate with skill level and experience with an annual performance and salary review. Foundation employees participate in a Paid Time Off accrual…
We encourage applications from people with diverse experience and backgrounds. CFWNC is an equal-opportunity employer. Employment opportunities at the Foundation are available to qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, height, weight, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or marital status.
For a more information and to apply visit: https://cfwnc.org/about/news/cfwnc-is-hiring-a-donor-relations-associate-2
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We encourage applications from people with diverse experience and backgrounds. CFWNC is an equal-opportunity employer. Employment opportunities at the Foundation are…