Driven by a belief that all students, regardless of circumstance, deserve the same opportunities to reach their potential, we work directly inside K-12 schools to remove barriers to success. We are seeking a fundraising professional to help us create the next generation of CISR. Candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 5:00pm Sept. 14. CISR does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status or disability.
NATURE OF WORK: The Development Director will work closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors on diversifying CISR’s revenue mix by creating and implementing a clearly articulated annual giving strategy that positions the organization for year-over-year fundraising growth.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Work with Executive Director to develop and implement a comprehensive annual development plan with strategies for donors and prospects in each constituent group including individuals and corporations
· Create and implement strategies for donor development and cultivation which will provide a diverse and sustainable funding base
· Oversee the development and execution of an annual strategy for key fundraising activities
· Establish and execute donor cultivation, solicitation, recognition and stewardship plans
· Create and implement monthly giving campaign
· Oversee and manage special event planning and execution
· Develop and apply a “moves management” portfolio-based individual cultivation plan approach to top donors and prospects
· 3+ years of increasing responsibility in nonprofit fundraising
· Ability to multi-task with high degree of project- and time-management capacity to achieve performance goals
· Excellent organizational, communications, problem-solving, and analytical skills with outstanding attention to detail and follow through
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong collaboration skills and ability to work effectively in a small team environment
· Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
· Continually focuses on achieving positive, concrete results
· Develops original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual or difficult situations
· Effectively uses systems and processes to measure, monitor, manage, and impact performance
· Able to build strong professional relationships and represent CIS in a positive manner
Communities In Schools of Renton is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Medical/dental with 100% employee premium paid by organization, vacation, sick, holidays and retirement plan.
Minimum Education Required