Details: Compensation is commensurate with experience.
333 Westchester Ave.
American Booksellers Association, the trade association representing independent bookstores, is seeking an energetic Education Content Coordinator to join its staff full-time in White Plains, New York.
The Education Coordinator will support the work of the ABA education content creators by coordinating the administrative and logistical details required to create and present ABA education to bookstore members and others.
The Education Coordinator will be measured on the quality and successful coordination of education content and contribution to the ABA’s role in programming.
● Coordinates relevant data and presenter materials for the creation of all ABA educational content;
● Coordinates communication, including conference calls and video calls, with presenters and panelists for all ABA educational content;
● Coordinates gathering of relevant information about presenters and panelists (i.e. headshots, bios, etc.);
● Participates in all pre-event conference calls and video calls with presenters and panelists;
● Communicates with panelists and presenters during development of educational content to ensure that all materials are received on a timely basis (i.e. PowerPoints, handouts, notes, etc.);
● Attends annual Winter Institute and other ABA events as needed;
● Ensures the accuracy of all educational content material as well as for the annual ABC Best Books For Young Reader’s Catalog and related materials.
● Additional tasks as required.
● Bachelor’s Degree
● Strong organizational and time management skills, including handling multiple projects simultaneously, meeting tight deadlines, and reacting quickly and smoothly to changes
● Superior attention to detail
● Strong computer skills with a special emphasis on Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Google Docs
● Eagerness to learn and grow in a team environment
● Some travel is required
● Knowledge of the book industry and independent bookselling are pluses.
Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance; paid time off; and 401k plan.
Minimum Education Required