15 Basile Street
Summary of Position:
Develop and implement curriculum that exposes members to a broad range of interesting, developmentally appropriate areas such as the arts, education, technology, sports, life skills and leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and evaluate developmentally appropriate activities.
- Assist members with homework.
- Manage supervision and discipline of members participating in program sessions.
- As appropriate, participate in collaborative programs and events.
- Assessing our impact is critical to our work. All staff is expected to participate in various evaluation efforts throughout each program year, including the annual member survey.
- Secure and maintain materials, equipment and other resources belonging to the program area(s). Maintain cleanliness of program area(s).
- Participate in individual and group supervision sessions.
- Other related duties as specified by the Club Director.
General BGCB Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCB priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCB values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGCB expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCB. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCB is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demands):
- High School degree required, some college preferred
- Previous experience providing classes/programs/activities for youth; curriculum development experience preferred
- Knowledge of youth development principles
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Valid driver’s license preferred
Minimum Education Required