About SEAF and CEED
Small Enterprise Assistance Funds (SEAF) is a global private equity impact firm headquartered in Washington, D.C., that invests in small and medium-sized enterprises in emerging and frontier markets underserved by traditional sources of capital.
CEED Global is a business until within SEAF which supports a broader base of growth stage entrepreneurs around the world. CEED develops and connects entrepreneurs who want to grow as leaders, build their companies and give back to their community. Building a community of entrepreneurs is paramount in our approach. CEED is present in 14 locations in Africa, MENA, Eastern Europe and South East Asia. CEED’s best in class model helps entrepreneurs scale their businesses
Summary of the Position
CEED is seeking an experienced business development professional to join our team as our Strategic Partnerships and Development Manager. In this role, you will become an instrumental part in the growth of CEED. The Manager will lead our global effort to enhance our mission by building and maintaining foundational relationships and partnerships with various grant-giving organizations.
Essential Job Functions
Strategic Partnership and Relationship Development
• Leverage, cultivate and deepen connections with contacts globally including private foundations, corporations, and non-USG bilateral agencies; leverage networks and understanding of key influencers to strengthen institutional relationships and create pathways to new funding opportunities and strategic partnerships.
• Build relationships with collaborators and partners who are mission aligned in order to pursue new opportunities for growth in our existing locations
Strategic Program Development
• Create a partnership approach that is systematic and forward thinking in its ability to anticipate future trends and funding priorities across philanthropies, foundations and non-USG partners
• Monitor trends in partnership landscape and evaluate strategic choices, prioritize partnership engagement, and assess implementation risk across the program and partnership portfolio.
• Continuously and thoroughly follow databases, aggregators and individual websites that publish information about non-USG institutions, foundations and grant giving organization’s calls for proposals and grants.
• Collaborate with CEED colleagues and partners to develop customer-appropriate pitch decks, publications and other marketing collateral that showcase CEED’s work and thought leadership.
• Conduct and/or plan marketing trips to meet with key customers; design and organize customer visits to CEED Centers to strategically influence partnership and funding opportunities.
• Position CEED for new business and partnership opportunities through speaking engagements and participation in industry events.
• Present impact data, development models, theory of change, sustainability approach, collaboration ideas, concept notes, final proposals and reports to foundations and other stakeholders. Meeting venues may include foundation headquarters, grantee convenings, conferences, and collaboratives.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree required; an advanced degree in a related field is strongly preferred
• 5 or more years of proven leadership in or with foundations, ideally including work with non-government funders
• Knowledge of foundation landscapes in the US, Sub-Saharan Africa, and the MENA region including prominent national foundations, foundation-serving organizations, grantees, and other implementing partners
• Proven track record of establishing partnerships with development donors, including foundations, corporations, non-USG bilateral agencies, and multilateral agencies;
• Ability to effectively present to senior-level foundation and corporate leaders and to manage these relationships; history of success securing new business from these types of customers.
• Proposal writing experience for non-USG grant giving organizations and foundations
• Highly motivated and self-directed, with strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Flexibility to support the various levels of business development
About SEAF and CEED
Small Enterprise Assistance Funds (SEAF) is a global private equity impact firm headquartered in Washington, D.C., that invests in small and medium-sized enterprises in emerging and frontier markets underserved by…