Executive Assistant and Board Liaison
- Job posted by PILnet: The Global Network for Public Interest Law
Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
120 Wall Street
PILnet is an international non-profit organization that is changing the way people think about public interest law. By bringing the public and private sectors of the legal profession together, PILnet protects and asserts the right and responsibility of all lawyers to represent the public interest. With offices and staff in New York, London, Budapest, Moscow, Beijing, and Hong Kong, PILnet is putting the techniques that have historically been used to benefit a powerful few to work for everyone, including the most vulnerable.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Based in New York and reporting to the President, the Executive Assistant and Board Liaison works closely with the President and staff at all levels of the organization and regularly communicates on behalf of the President with Board members, and occasionally with donors and other external stakeholders. He or she will also facilitate logistics for PILnet’s Fellows Program, PILnet’s annual Global Forum, and other programmatic work as needed.
The Executive Assistant and Board Liaison will apply his or her technical skills, education and experience to:
- In close collaboration with the President, create and maintain systems and procedures to expedite workflow and organize task priorities.
- Assist with President’s day-to-day operations by maintaining his schedule, drafting correspondence, ensuring adequate preparation for meetings, note-taking, and carrying out follow up actions.
- Prepare President’s trips, including travel arrangements, agenda and briefing materials. Ensure post-trip follow-up such as reimbursements or expense reports.
- Assist in maintaining flow of information between President and Development team, e.g. prioritizing tasks, deadlines, proposal/reporting reviews, etc.
- Assist with organizing development events such as donor cultivation parties, as well as preparation for funder site visits, board meetings, and others.
- Assist with drafting and proofreading of written materials, as needed.
- Working alongside Fellows Program Officer to provide administrative support to the PILnet Fellows program by reviewing incoming applications, assisting with the selection process and Fellows’ onboarding process.
- Provide administrative and technological support for weekly program staff calls with other staff members.
- Support President’s interaction with the 14-member Board of Directors by:
- Managing logistics for all Board and select Board Committee meetings, including coordinating with other departments to prepare and distribute meeting materials, tracking RSVPs for each meeting, and coordinating with host for offsite meetings.
- Working closely with the President and Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship to prepare materials for new Board members' onboarding process.
- Organizing and maintaining electronic and hard copy filing systems for executive functions such as legal and board files.
- Attending Board meetings with President and Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship to provide onsite support. Occasionally review meeting minutes on behalf of the President.
- Other tasks as requested by the President.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively across cultures, including with a multi-national staff, board, external partners, and Fellows network.
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills; must be able to prioritize and manage multiple assignments with tight deadlines (both short- and long-term) within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage confidential information and documents with discretion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Access, etc.) and Google Apps.
- Experience supporting senior executives and / or interacting with board members preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter detailing why you are interested in this position and how you meet the job qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Put 'Executive Assistant and Board Liaison' in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed as received and candidates interviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled.