2600 Virginia Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
The Investment and Financial Analyst provides professional level insight for the management and financial analysis of the National Trust’s endowment portfolio. This position reports to the Director of Endowments and Investments. This position calculates and documents the valuation of investments to ensure that investments are recorded at fair value and in accordance with GAAP standards. The position works with the Director of Endowments and Investments in obtaining adequate information from the investment fund managers to enable the recording of investment transactions in the general ledger and investment activity in the statement of cash flows on a monthly and quarterly basis. This position works with the Director of Endowments and Investments to draft and ensure the accuracy of the information on investments in the notes to the annual audited financial statements. The Investment and Financial Analyst will stay current with market trends and fund mangers by reading financial publications, attending webinars and meetings sponsored by current and potential fund managers.
The Investment and Financial Analyst, working with the Director of Endowments and Investments will:
- Perform in-depth research, analysis and interpretive insights of financial and investment data, and develop reports and data summaries, to support recommendations impacting business decisions and operations in the area of endowment management.
- Track individual funds’ transactions, valuation and overall portfolio performance on a monthly basis and reconcile to custodian reports on a timely basis.
- Prepare routine schedules on fund transactions, including gains/losses, capital calls, redemptions, distributions, performance regression analysis, price checks, etc. and reconcile to custodian reports on a timely basis.
- Support the annual audit, including reconciling the cash flow, the drafting of the investment footnotes, and tax reporting and filing process.
- Organize and maintain materials from fund managers, custodians, investment consultants in accordance to guidelines.
- Track notes and document recommendations from outside firm regarding hiring and termination of fund managers for the endowment portfolio.
- Provide periodic updates on market activity and report to the Investments dashboard.
- Maintain official records of fund managers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of managerial accounting and investments experience, with an understanding of basic portfolio monitoring, reporting, reconciliation and analysis.
- Experience running regression analyses and valuations for specific asset classes with a complete understanding of complex audited financial statements.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills, including issue identification and prioritization.
- Intermediate project-management skills, including project budgeting and planning.
- Ability to achieve results with general supervision.
- Experience successfully managing internal stakeholders and relationships.
- Proven ability to collaborate across divisions to implement processes and achieve results. Track record of building and maintaining productive relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently and respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion.
- Proven ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
- Effective presentation skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and skill set essential.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment required, including working effectively with frequent interruptions and handling changing and/or unscheduled tasks with accuracy. Public contact and ability to work successfully in close proximity to others required.
- Demonstrated success in working with culturally diverse colleagues and stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required. Familiarity with other software, including databases, a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent years of relevant experience) required. Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Regular and reliable attendance required. Ability to work additional hours as needed to meet monthly close and other deadlines.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: 750625-CSemail@example.com.