The Resource Development Manager is responsible for the promotion, coordination, operation and over-all management of the organization’s fundraisers, special events and annual campaign. He/she needs to build communications and support with vendors, local public services, and potential sponsors in the area of public and private corporations and businesses. He/she will be required to work within budget limitations through negotiations, trade and /or donations. He/she will compose statistical progress reports regarding pertaining events during and at the conclusion of each event. He/she will work in conjunction with the finance department to verify and review all expenses and revenues to ensure accurate financial accounting of each event. Additionally he/she will assist in the grant writing, management and reporting process under the direction of the EVP of Strategic Support, Training & Systematic Development.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- On-going communication and reporting to the EVP of Strategic Support, Training & Systematic Development. while working with the Chief Executive Officer(s) on the status of planning and management of special events, fundraisers, and all other resource development projects that provides funds to the organization.
- Develops an annual calendar and plan of scheduled events, while securing support with vendors and sponsors through negotiations, trade, cash/and or donations of good and services. Secures sponsors and partners in conjunction with CEO(s) within at least seven (7) months prior to event.
- Initiates and drives the planning and coordination of established events in communication with EVP and the Chief Executive Officer(s).
- Develops and maintains creative and progressive ideas with each year’s event to strategically build revenues by 5%-10%.
- Meets established schedules/deadlines as part of normal routine; accepts a variety of daily activities while maintaining high accuracy requirements.
- Assists with writing of grant proposal and other documents as needed
- Maintain Grant proposal and reporting deadlines
- Manages the donor database and processes donor acknowledgements
- Maintains confidentiality in all assignments and responsibilities.
- Setting Standards: Leadership position where performance and overall organization expectations are modeled.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or as assigned by the CEO(s).
- Remains flexible and adaptable in work schedules and work assignments as defined by departmental and organizational needs.
- Represents Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia in a manner that conveys professionalism, confidentiality, courtesy, fairness, personal integrity, and respect for others.
A. education and/or experience
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· At least two (2) years of strong marketing/advertising, public relations, or fund development experience in an agency or non-profit organization
B. skills and abilities
- Strong written, creative, and communication skills required
- Possess a thorough understanding of media, media planning, marketing, and resource data
- Have an understanding of group dynamics and a proven capacity for facilitating group meetings for professionals and volunteers
- Possess a thorough understanding of youth, their needs, and have the ability to interpret those needs in effective Boys & Girls Club programs
- Must possess the ability to work independently and efficiently without direct supervision
- Must possess a strong familiarity with computers, including word processing and excel spreadsheets. Proficiency with Adobe creative suite preferred
Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.