Camp Harbor View changes lives and transforms Boston’s communities by exposing underserved youth to the possibilities of a future they may have never envisioned. We provide unique experiences that let kids be kids, build confidence, unlock creativity, broaden horizons, and foster skills for successful lives. Our exceptional summer day camp and year-long programming helps kids envision new pathways to success by providing life-shaping experiences at a critical time in their lives. The framework of Camp Harbor View’s philosophy puts fun first with programs in boating, arts, athletics, music, aquatics, education, and leadership development. Deep empathy and acceptance open the way to discovering new ways of being. Camp Harbor View models and instils the core values of fun, respect, responsibility, character, courage, and community. The structure of both personal and group challenges with healthy competition creates profound connections with peers, leadership qualities, and liberates the potential of young campers.
Title / Position: Administrative Assistant, Part Time (Tues. – Thurs. 24hrs)
Location: Camp Harbor View
46 Plympton Street, Boston, MA
Reports to: Camp Administrator, with oversight from Deputy Director
Summary of Position:
Under the direct supervision of the Camp Administrator, the Administrative Assistant will provide clerical support specific to the functioning of the Camp Harbor View Leadership Academy. In an often-demanding environment, he/she will interact with staff as well as clients and visitors of the Camp Harbor View Youth Center with the highest caliber of customer service. He/She will serve as the frontline of contact for students, parents and others who seek the services of Camp Harbor View by providing front desk office coverage both in person and on the phone. The Administrative Assistant will answer phone calls, screen and direct phone calls to appropriate staff, take messages, provide and assist with the camper enrollment process. The Administrative Assistant will also be responsible for ordering office supplies, maintain inventory records, and act as a liaison for building operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide dedicated daily support as needed to include answering and directing telephone calls, receiving and directing guests, vendors and delivery staff, as well as other related tasks. Provide full coverage when absences occur.
- Inventory office, paper, and cleaning supplies, ensure sufficient supplies (to include stationery products) and coordinate supplies purchases. Review needs with Operations Manager.
- Responding to email and voicemail in a timely manner while coordinating daily office activities.
- Previous experience in office administration or other related fields
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task several daily office projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Work independently
- Exceptional customer service skills
Minimum Education Required