The Director, Fundraising Campaigns & Volunteer Engagement (Special Events) implements fundraising strategies that generate revenue in support of the Foundation’s mission including, but not limited to, special events, major giving and corporate/foundation giving. The Director partners with leadership volunteers and committees to influence growth and drive success. The Director will implement best practices and cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness in the community.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Take a lead role in planning, directing and implementing special events.
- Analyze and improve existing events by ensuring best practices are implemented.
- Recruit and engage volunteer leaders and committee members to assist in implementing the fundraising strategies that lead to revenue growth.
- Partner with Executive Director in the execution of individual/foundation/corporate giving initiatives.
- Prepare and manage budget (income and expense) and work plan (with timeline and deliverables) for the successful completion of fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for fundraising events, programs and activities and routinely review the status of each with the Executive Director.
- Conduct planning and evaluative meetings with Executive Director and assigned volunteers relative to each fundraising event, program and activity.
- Assist with the cultivation, solicitation, follow-up and recognition process for individual, corporate and foundation participation and donations.
- Oversee the production of all collateral materials related to fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Perform all other duties and tasks required to support all new and/or proposed fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Five to seven years in not-for-profit fundraising, preferably with a health-related organization.
- Demonstrated success in the recruitment, engagement, and cultivation of high-impact volunteers.
- Demonstrated track record in committee development within fundraising campaigns.
- Strong leadership skills in volunteer engagement.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, with public speaking ability that will inspire and motivate others.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to teach, mentor and coach volunteers to achieve results.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with board members, volunteers and donors.
- Self-motivated, results oriented leader with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- High level of diplomacy, patience, and flexibility.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).