211 East 46 Street
About the Position:
The Lebanese American University’s Arabic Language Program (SINARC) invites applicants for a part-time faculty position to teach Arabic in its New York campus. The program offers night classes at our New York Academic Center, and students range from university, grad school and PH.D. candidates, to working professionals and heritage speakers of all ages. SINARC typically offers both Modern Standard and Levantine dialect courses.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Arabic Language/Middle Eastern Studies is required
· Currently authorized to work in the U.S.
· Native to near native proficiency in Arabic
o Levantine dialect fluency is highly preferred
· Teaching experience in all levels of Arabic (introductory, intermediate, advanced, and colloquial Levantine) is expected
o Experience teaching college students and adults is preferred
· High level of organizational skills must be demonstrated
· Enthusiasm and passion for the Arabic language and cultural exchange
· Competitive hourly salary
· Evening work hours
· New, state-of-the-art facility and classrooms in Midtown Manhattan
How to Apply:
Candidates can apply by sending a cover letter and Resumé/CV via email (Subject Line: Arabic Teaching Position/New York) to SINARC Director Dr. Nada Saab at firstname.lastname@example.org. The CV should include the names and contact info of three references. Applicants should also indicate whether they are interested in teaching during the regular academic year (in the fall and spring semesters) and/or during the summer intensive program.
Level of Language Proficiency
Arabic, Levantine dialect preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply