At Rocketship Public Schools, we believe in the infinite possibility of human potential. We believe that every student deserves the right to dream, to discover, and to develop their unique potential. And it is our responsibility and our privilege to unleash the potential inside every Rocketeer we serve. Our non-profit network of public elementary charter schools propels student achievement, develops exceptional educators, and partners with parents who enable high-quality public schools to thrive in their community. We are a collective of parents, teachers, leaders, and students working together to transform the future for underserved communities across our country. At Rocketship Public Schools, we are unleashing potential.
The Manager of Extended Learning will work under the direction and supervision of the Associate Direct of Schools in the DC Region. The Manager of Extended Learning will manage the site leads of each campus as well as all part-time staff and operations staff.
This position is responsible for the management, compliance and expansion of Rocketship DC’s extended learning program, RocketBooster, which encompassees Before|After care programs, as well as summer school programming.
This position reports to the Associate Director of Schools.
Essential Functions: Extended Day Programming
- Manage the day to day operations of all before and after care programming
- Communicate with all relevant regional and school-based stakeholders critical information regarding the operation of the extended day programming
- Support, in partnership with the regional schools team, in creating the daily schedule and program for Rocketship’s extended day programming, drawing on Rocketship’s previous programs as well as best practices, staffing and budget realities
- Support school-based teams with implementing academic interventions, reviewing progress monitoring data and plans for after-school programming
- Partner with Regional Director of Operations to create and manage a budget for the program including proposed staffing, activities and materials
- Directly manage Extended Day Site Leads and in collaboration with the campus principal, hire the Extended Day Site Lead for each campus
- Create training and oversight process for site leads
- Create job descriptions for the Extended Day site leads and all Extended Day teaching responsibilities
- Advertise, recruit, interview and hire Extended Day staff for each campus
- With Extended Day Leads, create training and supervision protocols for each campus
- Visit each campus’ program at least twice each week and provide feedback to teachers and to Lead
- Create enrollment and program materials for Extended Day programs
- Work with campus staff to disseminate information and facilitate student enrollment
- Regularly supervise the financial health of each program, including family collections and costs
- Manage the licensure and subsidy processes for all campuses and communicate any need to relevant school team members
- Manage and supervise the payment administration process in conjunction with the national finance team; including management of the weekly fee processing and collection from families.
- Establish, understand, and implement all relevant policies with the Office of the State Superintendent’s (OSSE)
- Manage and monitor the upkeep of all family and staff documents including OSSE mandated documentation
- Project Manage and triage all interruptions in service as well as campus expansions (enrollment or programmatic) and liaise with DC government agencies as needed
Essential Functions: Summer School
- With Rocketship’s Principals and regional staff, design the schedule and program for before care, after care and Summer school at each campus
- Create a budget for the program including proposed staffing, activities and materials
- With campus principal, secure site leads for each campus
- Partner with DOS and RDO to create job descriptions for the site lead and all summer teaching responsibilities
- With Recruitment, create the interview process, advertise, recruit, and interview for all summer teachers
- With campus-based leadership, recruit internally within Rocketship, with the goal of maximizing the number of Rocketship teachers who participate
- With principals, RDO, and site lead, create training and supervision protocols for each campus
- Visit each campus’ program at least twice each week and provide feedback on program operations to teachers and to site leads
- Create enrollment and program materials for summer programs
- Work with campus staff to disseminate information and facilitate enrollment
- Regularly supervise the financial health of each program, including costs
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Intermediate skill with Google Suite and email correspondence
- Commitment to Rocketship’s mission, vision, and goals
- Passion for working with children
- Previous experience managing teams
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and work closely with a wide range of staff members
- Ability to learn laws, rules, practices, and procedures related to public education and specific to Rocketship Education
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn
- Commitment to creating schools promoting academics, character, leadership and continuous learning;
- Maturity and personal stability sufficient for a demanding position;
- Ability to work beyond stated job hours when necessary;
- Positive attitude and very strong work ethic; and
- Ability to handle calmly and efficiently situations ranging from routine to emergency.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred
- 3-5 years managing complex teams and adherence to strict compliance deadlines
- Project management experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and communicate with both adults and children. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally climb ladders. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent health and welfare benefits, 403b retirement plan, flexible spending account (FSA), and generous paid time off.
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools’ employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. Click here for our Sexual Harassment Policy and here for our Title IX Policy. For questions, concerns, or complaints, please contact Equity/Discrimination Title IX Compliance Officer, Address: 350 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 109, Redwood City, CA 94065. Phone: 877-806-0920 ext. 115.