Responsible for coordinating all aspects of the MOMobile Rapid Engagement program, including program development, implementation, monitoring and reporting. Also takes on small caseload and is on the call rotation for the program hotline. Services will be provided in Montgomery, Buck’s and/or Delaware Counties.
- Responsible for administrative oversight of program, including management of staff schedules, vehicles, facilities, petty cash, and other operational requirements.
- Develops and maintains systems for tracking client services.
- Oversees and monitors efforts to meet project deliverables and prepares program reports.
- Initiates and coordinates virtual and in-person meetings with potential referrals sources and other agencies to establish and maintain collaborative partnerships.
- Maintains small caseload of referred clients.
- Travels throughout Montgomery, Buck’s and/or Delaware Counties to meet with clients and/or providers as needed. Virtual meetings also acceptable during Covid.
- Represents MCC as needed.
- Recruits, hires, and supervises staff.
- Facilitates regular meetings and individual supervision with staff.
- Completes performance evaluations with input from staff.
- Identifies staff training needs and develops yearly training plans.
- Strengthens own and staff’s skills through personal and professional development.
- Collaborates with community partners to ensure seamless coordination of client services.
- Identifies and maintains regular contact with appropriate social service and community agencies to facilitate referrals and resources for families.
- Serves as MCC’s liaison to key groups and individuals in the community related to maternal and child health, family support and recovery services.
- Regularly reviews all cases to support staff in providing appropriate services, follow-up and referrals for their clients.
- Adheres to the MCC’s security guidelines and ensures the appropriate handling of sensitive information.
- Attends relevant staff meetings to promote communication and execution of goals.
- Completes special projects specific to the function of the service area as directed by the supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of position expectations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of MCC’s mission, goals, and objectives and ability to work independently with a high level of energy and contribute as part of a larger team. Knowledge of the concepts and practices associated with community health issues, particularly with pregnant women, prenatal care, child development, parenting and other services for mothers, young children, and their families. Ability to travel in and around the Greater Philadelphia region to provide services as needed.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the issues facing the community served, particularly substance dependence, trauma, mental health, poverty and racial discrimination.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Good record keeping and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (including data entry and management, word processing, use of Internet)
Experience, Education, and Licensure
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Public Health or related fields strongly preferred
- Experience in drug and alcohol required
- Experience in child welfare preferred
- Experience in program planning and monitoring
- 2+ years of supervisory experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license