740 15th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Title: Digital Marketing Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Digital Strategy
Positions Reporting To This Position: None
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state, and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues.
LCV’s work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects the organization’s commitment to racial, social, and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value racial justice, equity and inclusion.
LCV is seeking a Digital Marketing Coordinator to help grow LCV’s online community to build support and raise awareness for action on climate change and environmental protection at the federal, state, and local level, with an emphasis on building a more racially diverse and engaged community.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator will join a hard-working, skilled, and growing Membership & Online Engagement Department. The Digital Marketing Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Digital Strategy and Associate Digital Campaigns Manager to craft LCV’s advertising and acquisition strategies, manage vendor collaborations and explore new paid media opportunities. Primary goals include growing LCV’s email marketing and social networks to diversify LCV’s online network, coordinating online advertising projects, managing relationships with vendors, engaging supporters on local and national campaigns, lifting up the LCV brand in the digital space and working to help elect pro-environment candidates. This is an excellent opportunity for an integrative thinker and to be a part of an innovative and dynamic team that runs groundbreaking online campaigns to promote environmental policies and candidates.
● Write compelling advertising content and direct creative to move people to take action on a variety of urgent environmental issues. Content requirements will range from advertising campaigns and email alerts to specific ad copy or social media posts.
● Assist in identifying creative campaign opportunities to engage and mobilize LCV’s activist base online.
● Serve as primary point of contact at LCV for all data-sharing collaborations with our state partners and other allied organizations and lead the entire process from start to finish.
● Manage and serve as the primary driver of paid email acquisition campaigns including advertising on social media networks and collaborating with vendors such as DailyKos and Care2.
● Lead tracking, reporting and budget management for list acquisition.
● Explore and manage new forms of paid and organic list acquisition, including driving traffic to lcv.org.
● Guide the development and management of a subscriber onboarding program for new members and assist with general email list maintenance and health.
● Participate actively in applying a racial justice lens to all LCV online communications with an increased emphasis on member education of issues, environmental or otherwise, where communities of color are disproportionately impacted.
● Explore new opportunities to build a more racially diverse online community.
● Find ways to support and lift LCV’s brand in the digital space.
● Work Experience: At least 2 years of professional experience in paid media, online advocacy, digital marketing, email advocacy, or new media, preferably in a nonprofit, political organization, or campaign environment. Experience writing, creating, and/or curating compelling content. Experience crafting digital campaigns with a goal of lead generation both organically and through paid advertisements. Experience managing budgets and tracking success of campaigns. Experience partnering with allied groups to form collaborative efforts and moments to drive action and build supporters lists preferred. Experience with SEM, eCRM, database, SEO, or analytic experience preferred.
● Skills: Forward thinking, innovative and creative mindset that is ready to push LCV and the environmental movement to build a stronger base of diverse online supporters; excellent communicator and copywriter with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions; experience with photography and videography a plus; able to work independently and in a fast-paced environment; enthusiastic team player; passionate about the environment and advancing environmental justice. Spanish language skills a plus. Familiarity in Adobe CS programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) preferred.
● Cultural Competence: Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement
and organization, integrating racial justice and equity into the work we do, and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
● Conditions: Must be willing and able to work overtime as needed. This position is based in Washington, D.C. but qualified candidates outside of D.C. are welcome to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Digital Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line by November 12, 2018. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse, Inclusive, and Equitable Workplace