Details: depending on experience
1501 Williamson Street
Common Wealth is seeking a motivated, energetic Housing Specialist to assist our team in the management of 146 affordable housing units on Madison’s east and west side. This position involves marketing and leasing, administrative support, and tenant relations. Applicants should have strong administrative and organizational skills. This is a full-time position at 40 hours/week. Pay is $37,000-$42,000, depending on experience, with full benefits.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines, handle multiple responsibilities at once, and work effectively both independently with minimal supervision and as a member of a team
- Experience working with people from low-income homes and racially diverse backgrounds
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with tenants and community agencies
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to work with a wide range of individuals and to deal with conflict
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Excellent Internet, word processing, spreadsheet and database skills
- Have own vehicle, clean driving record and liability insurance
- Experience in customer service
- Marketing experience
- Three years of consecutive experience in a paid administrative setting
- Strong personal connections to low-income communities and communities of color
- 3+ years’ experience in property management
- 3+ years’ experience working with people from low-income homes and racially diverse backgrounds
- Training in WHEDA Tax Credit Compliance and HOME Program Regulations
- Fair Housing Training
- Bilingual in Spanish & English
- Experience with the property management software AppFolio.
Common Wealth Development values diverse life experience in its hiring process and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bilingual, bicultural, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. We value the work of our local schools and educators, and graduates of Madison area high schools are strongly encouraged to apply. Our team is diverse in every sense of the word, but united in our linked fate, shared prosperity, and our commitment to an upstream approach to health equity and violence prevention.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish & English desired.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, fill out an employment application (available at www.cwd.org or at our office) and submit a complete application packet to: Common Wealth Development, 1501 Williamson Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53703, or by email to email@example.com.
Application packets must contain each of the following:
1) Completed employment application
3) Cover letter describing your experience:
- In residential property management; and
- with people from low income households and racially diverse backgrounds
Preference will be given to complete application packets received by 5:00 pm Friday, November 9, 2018.
Applications accepted until position filled.
No faxes. No calls please, except to confirm receipt of application materials.