High School Culture and External Affairs Coordinator
Full Time Contract
231 Palmetto Street
Culture and External Affairs Coordinator
The Culture and External Affairs Coordinator (CEAC) is a member of the Culture and External Affairs Team. The CEAC reports directly to the Director of Culture and External Affairs (DCEA) and supports all culture and external affairs related initiatives at MESA.
● Oversee and manage the student organization, Student Culture Committee (SCC), to conceive, organize and produce school-wide events such as assemblies, school dances, and Spirit Week.
● Work closely with Grade Team Leads (GTLs) to plan and execute team-building and incentives field trips for students.
● Assist staff and students with the production of publicity materials for all MESA cultural events.
● Maintain the content of school TV monitors and all school-culture related bulletin boards.
● Administer Staff of the Month selection and recognition.
● Work closely with the Operations team to execute all Staff Appreciation Week activities.
● Plan and execute staff social events.
● Develop and maintain all communications collateral, including website, social media and monthly newsletter.
● Maintain and update MESA photo database and post pictures to MESA website, Twitter account, and Facebook account.
● Coordinate logistics and create all written and web-based materials for MESA networking and fundraising events, including invitations, advertisements and event signage.
● Manage donor base and donor acknowledgement letters.
● Assist with all aspects of the initial staff hiring process, including posting jobs online, attending career fairs, and responding to initial inquiries.
● Support student recruitment efforts by coordinating annual open house events and attending student recruitment fairs and presentations.
● Assist DCEA with student placement in summer internships, study travel and other out-of-school-time programs
● Serve as advisor to a group of students and complete all advisory duties.
● Other duties as assigned by DCEA, Principal, and Executive Director
● Bachelor’s Degree or Higher.
● Ability to manage multiple, complex projects on tight deadlines with high degree of competence. Sense of urgency is a must. Ability to represent MESA’s mission to multiple stakeholders, including students, staff and families.
● Familiarity and comfort with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Systems, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and After Effects.
● Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills.
● Belief in and alignment with MESA’s core beliefs and educational philosophy;
● A passion for working with students and previous experience working with high-needs student population.
● Spanish-speaker a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: Please email your resume and a cover letter explaining specifically why you are interested in MESA to Arthur Samuels, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Culture and External Affairs Coordinator” BY EMAIL ONLY. Due to the nature of the position and the volume of applications received, MESA will not be able to reply to all submissions. MESA will contact candidates with next steps.