1666 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
AcademyHealth, the professional home for health services researchers and policy analysts, is currently seeking two Program Coordinators to provide administrative and organizational support on a wide variety of projects and activities across various teams.
The ideal candidates should have a demonstrated commitment to customer service, strong communication skills and is professional, detail-oriented, highly organized, a team player and able to anticipate the needs of others, prioritize among competing deadlines, and flourish in a fast-paced environment. Early career professionals with a bachelor’s degree and some internship or other relevant administrative experience, particularly in an office setting, are encouraged to apply.
- Perform a wide range of administrative tasks, including scheduling internal and external meetings and conference calls; creating, updating, and maintaining organized files and records; processing invoices and expense reports; managing mailings; sorting and prioritizing incoming mail; and other related tasks.
- Provide support for meetings and conferences calls, including preparing and disseminating materials, drafting meeting minutes, and disseminating meeting summaries.
- Create and format tables, charts, presentation slides and other graphics.
- Maintain and update project Web sites, online tools, and databases.
- Provide logistical support for meeting and webinar activities, including drafting invites to meeting attendees and speakers, tracking RSVPs, coordinating travel and lodging arrangements for participants, preparing and disseminating materials, and other key meeting logistics.
- Respond to inquiries and requests, including written, electronic and verbal communications.
- Conduct other research and administrative activities as needed.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university required.
- Minimum of two years administrative support experience.
- Experience anticipating, balancing, supporting and prioritizing the administrative needs of multiple individuals.
- Ability to effectively handle a rapid pace of activity and frequently changing priorities.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and web-based applications.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain a system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects.
- Enthusiastic, with a positive outlook and “can-do” attitude.
- Mature, detail-oriented individual able to work both independently and with a team.
- Must have strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem-solver able to anticipate and solve problems independently.
- Must possess good judgment and discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
- Must possess the poise, capability and professionalism to work closely with high-level officials and their assistants in an environment requiring diplomacy and tact in managing interactions with internal and external clients.
- Background in health care, health policy is desirable but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume, writing sample and three references (including phone number and email address) to Sr. Human Resources Director, AcademyHealth, 1666 K Street NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20006. Fax: 202-292-6800. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying. For more information, please go to www.academyhealth.org.