The Atlanta History Center is looking for an initiative-taking and purposeful professional to fill the part-time role within the organization of Gifts and Development Coordinator.
Individual will enter all gift and pledge information into The Raiser’s Edge database, prepare and mail all gift acknowledgments, and assist in updating and maintaining constituent information. Other tasks, including assisting with the generation of pledge reminders, weekly gift reporting, development event registration, and mass mailing tasks.
- Accurately enter all pledge and gift information into The Raiser’s Edge database, run reports in Galaxy ticketing software to retrieve transfers and gifts made online and accurately enter gift information in Raiser’s Edge.
- Prepare and mail all acknowledgment packages, including honor/memorial gift acknowledgments, within 72 hours of gift receipt. For membership gifts, this will involve the use of Galaxy ticketing software.
- Accurately record other constituent information into the database including but not limited to change of addresses, relationship connections, death notices, and constituent preferences.
- Accurately complete and submit corporate matching gift forms and maintain accurate information regarding matching gift companies in the database. Notify the donor when matching gifts have been received from their corporation.
- Manage gift pledges (generate monthly pledge reminders; coordinate write-offs annually with the Vice President of Development and business office staff).
- Supply a comprehensive weekly gift report on Fridays.
Gift entry and gift acknowledgments for the following:
- All membership gifts inclusive of Insiders contributions ($500+) and generate applicable membership packages using Galaxy ticketing software.
- All other contribution types including capital, programmatic, tributes/memorial, endowment, stock gifts, online gifts, and in-kind gifts. The Gift Services Coordinator will also provide direct support to the Cherokee Garden Library with gift receipt, gift entry, and gift acknowledgment.
- Follow all gift entry protocol and requirements determined by the Atlanta History Center development, membership, and business offices.
- Scan any correspondence received with gifts and add to the constituent record media in Raisers Edge. Supply a hard copy of these correspondences to the Vice President of Development at time of gift receipt; hard file all originals.
- Manage prompt donor hard file maintenance.
Development event gift management:
- Enter registrations (track participation type for correct program listing, payment status, placeholders for guests, escort card text, registration fee, RSVP, seating requests).
- Link registrations to gifts, ensuring proper receipt amount (tax-deductible amount) are entered on gift.
- Track confirmed regrets or acceptances and edit receipt amount on gift when applicable.
- Continually check and reconcile registration numbers to gifts received as well as to verbal commitments received.
- Respond to donor and member inquiries as requested.
- Reaching out to donors and members with any issues related to gifts given.
- Update proposal record information (amount asked, date asked, status, etc.) on request.
- Add media for proposals submitted and award letters received.
- Aid with other development-related tasks as needed.
- Merge duplicate records.
- Handle deceased updates.
- Update/edit constituent information as needed (name, address, phone, add/sals).
- Assist Director of Membership and Donor Services with data clean-up projects when necessary.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (specifically Excel and Microsoft Word) required.
- Minimum two years’ experience working with Raisers Edge or other CRM; knowledge of Galaxy ticketing software desirable.
- Strong detail-oriented and accuracy in data entry and donor record maintenance required.
- Demonstrate strict confidentiality of donor information.
- Ability to successfully multi-task.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal amount of supervision.
Background Check Requirements
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
- Satisfactory financial background check required.