Details: depending on experience
1701 S. 7th Street, #10
About Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley (RTSV)
Repairing homes, revitalizing communities, rebuilding lives is the mission of Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley. For over 25 years, the organization has transformed the lives of our neighbors in need by providing critical home and facility safety repairs to preserve affordable home ownership and restore safe living environments. Our impact extends beyond the individuals served to revitalize and stabilize vulnerable neighborhoods in our community.
Fundraising and Donor Stewardship (70%)
- Create overall plan to sustain and increase funding opportunities.
- Coordinate and implement solicitation campaigns targeted at securing new individual donors, as well as renewing and stewarding existing donors.
- Manage individual giving cultivation and appeal campaigns.
- Manage and execute grant cultivation, application and reporting process.
- Work collaboratively with Development team and Resource Development Board Committee to engage Board, committees, volunteers, and staff in the identification, cultivation and solicitation efforts.
- Ensure acknowledgment of all gifts in an appropriate and timely fashion consistent with donor’s solicitation and RTSV stewardship plan.
- Develop and manage donor pipeline of individual and grant prospects. Increase the number of gifts secured through a variety of giving avenues.
- Manage all donor processing and recognition activities.
- Manage all information relating to donors and prospects through RTSV donor database.
- Develop written procedures and manage adherence for best practices and protocols for development department.
- Act as initial point of entry for prospective individual donors and grants.
- Support Paint the Town, and other special fundraising events.
Branding and Communications Management (30%)
- Create and execute a marketing and communications plan, including brand development, key messaging, and specific strategies for reaching target audiences.
- Translate mission and vision for internal and external stakeholders – succinctly and compellingly communicating a storyline about the need, the cost of doing business, and how a donor’s investment can impact the communities we serve.
- Manage writing and execution of all written and visual marketing and collateral materials for stakeholders including display boards, presentations, mailed newsletters, annual report, e-news, and brochures, ensuring style consistency and messaging.
- Oversee composition of press releases, PSA’s and other media tools, publicizing events, programs, and opportunities.
- Develop and implement a consistent and effective social media outreach plan. Create and implement strategies to retain and grow e-news and social media presence.
- Coordinate social media efforts for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and other outlets.
- Develop new content for website ensuring consistency and appearance of content.
- Oversee production of mailed and electronic newsletters and communication collaterals.
- Serve as an advocate for Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley with excellent written and verbal communication skills that engage key stakeholders. Must possess strong business acumen.
- Commitment to serve low-income homeowners and communities.
- Experience in solicitation of gifts from individuals, corporations, and grant makers.
- Must be goal-orientated with strong initiative and self-motivation. Experience working in teams or in self-directed fundraising activities.
- Impeccable attention to detail, following through on all aspects of donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Experience working with volunteers, volunteer leadership, and program staff in fundraising with individuals and corporations.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, excellent research and organizational skills, and superior written and oral communication skills along with a healthy sense of humor.
- Ability to work well with diverse groups of stakeholders: funders, volunteers, staff, clients, and community members, creating and maintaining excellent relationships with constituents of various backgrounds.
- Ability and desire to stay updated on current knowledge and trends of development industry.
- Strong network of local development contacts and resources is desirable.
- High proficiency with computer skills, including Salesforce donor database, PC and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines while effectively managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work flexible hours
- Four year college degree plus a minimum of three years demonstrated successful experience and effectiveness in individual and corporate gift fundraising with a focus on prospect identification, relationship building, and solicitation or equivalent. Experience with personalized outreach sales and strategies.
Benefits package include medical, vision & dental insurance, and PTO (Paid time off) for all full-time employees. Dependent coverage may be elected at the employee’s own expense. In addition to PTO accrual, Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley recognizes 10 paid holidays.
Minimum Education Required