Senior Human Resources Specialist
The AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) mobilizes communities to create equity and justice for people living with and vulnerable to HIV or chronic conditions. We envision a world in which people living with HIV or chronic conditions will thrive, and there will be no new HIV cases. Our work focuses on advancing health equity, preventing new cases of HIV, serving as a collaboration and knowledge center, being a bold voice for change and strengthening our organizational excellence.
We are seeking an individual to serve as our Senior Human Resources Specialist. The Senior Human Resources Specialist provides generalist support to the HR & Talent Management team on all Human Resources matters including but not limited to recruiting/hiring, benefits administration, employee relations, orientation, and employee file maintenance, and works directly with the Sr. Director of HR & Talent Management to support the implementation and administration of all HR functions. The Senior Human Resources Specialist is a member of the Operations team, which includes the areas of HR & Talent Management, Information Technology, and general office oversight. The Operations team works together to provide high quality and timely support to the work of the organization, with a focus on providing excellent client service to its internal customers while maintaining excellent relations with external contacts.
Principle functions and responsibilities of this position include the following:
Administration and Employee Service
· Perform client service functions by responding to employee requests and questions.
· Prepare paperwork for employee status changes including salary changes, new hires, transfers, promotions, and terminations; submit changes for processing to ensure accurate record keeping and proper payroll deductions.
· Recommend and implement changes to improve the efficiency of HR procedures (i.e., paperwork processing, employee communications, and data collection/tracking).
· Process all new hire paperwork and create/maintain all new employee files.
· Assist with a portion of new employee orientation including preparing materials, scheduling, and meeting preparation.
· Perform benefits administration, including: processing enrollment applications, change reporting, preparing invoices for payment, communicating benefit information to employees as needed, and assisting with claims/billing resolution.
· Maintain all current and former personnel files and ensure record-keeping compliance including audit preparation.
· Act as liaison between employees and insurance providers to resolve benefit-related problems; ensure effective utilization of plans and positive employee relations; communicate information about benefits plan changes in a timely manner.
· Support the development and implementation of quality control processes and tools.
· Oversee and coordinate HR events and meetings and coordinate management-employee communications.
· Prepare and submit HR reports.
HR Systems (HRIS) and Metrics
· Manage the HR-related modules of AFC’s payroll system; this includes entering and updating employee information as needed, generating reports to maintain compliance, and ensuring the accuracy of information.
· Manage AFC’s Time & Attendance system (Webtime) and provide recommendations and guidance on time and attendance tracking related matters; enter and track applicant and employee data.
· Develop reporting to support the analyzing of employee data.
· Recommend employee training topics to the Learning & Talent Development Manager (i.e., how to complete timesheet, how to submit time-off requests) on payroll system (e.g., Webtime) and participate in training development and delivery.
· Assist the Senior Director of HR & Talent Management on other HR & Talent Management matters as needed.
· Participate in working groups, councils and committees as needed.
· Maintain and update job knowledge by participating in training and educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
· Continuously learn the latest HR best practices to improve workplace efficiency.
· Protect organization's value and manage risk by keeping information confidential.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
5 or more years of Human Resources experience OR Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, I/O Psychology or related field and 2 or more years of related Human Resources experience.
Demonstrated intermediate-level experience with Microsoft Office functionality (for example, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Plus 1-year experience using payroll/HRIS system (for example, Paylocity, ADP).
Master’s degree in Business, Human Resource management or I/O Psychology.
Current HR Certification (i.e. SHRM-CP, HRCI-PHR)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Solid interpersonal skills along with the ability and willingness to respect and value the differences and perceptions of different groups/individuals.
The ability to provide excellent service to internal clients and external stakeholders (e.g., vendors). This includes seeking to meet client needs and demands quickly and effectively, reviewing complaints from internal clients, taking action to remedy the complaint, and in general, taking care of the client.
Strong attention to detail and the ability to provide efficient, quality service to both internal and external customers.
The ability to coordinate human resources activities and processes including day-to-day administrative tasks such as processing paperwork. This includes the ability to coordinate scheduled activities between multiple individuals, groups, or departments within required timelines.
The ability to quickly and accurately process multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
Strong verbal and written communication and active listening skills.
Strong time management skills along with problem solving skills and ability to manage multiple projects, establish workload priorities, and meet deadlines are critical.
To Apply, Please click on the link below.
Please reference position OPER SHRS
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at AIDS Foundation Chicago are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, military service and/or marital status, order of protection status, handicap, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
Senior Human Resources Specialist
The AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) mobilizes communities to create equity and justice for people living with and vulnerable to HIV or chronic conditions. We envision a world in which people living with HIV…