300 Frank H Ogawa Plaza
Position: Bookkeeper/ Accounting Coordinator
Schedule: Full Time Exempt
Supervisor: Finance Director
Location: Oakland, CA
East Bay College Fund is hiring a Bookkeeper/ Accounting Coordinator to support our organization’s growth.
The East Bay College Fund is a non-profit organization that helps resilient public-school students, under-represented in higher education, access and succeed in college and expand their life opportunities. It aspires to involve the whole community in providing college access services, scholarships, mentoring, and support networks to assist young people in realizing their full potential. We currently serve 1,200 college student and influence 4 Future Centers in major Oakland High Schools representing over 3,500 youth. We aim to serve 2,000 college students annually by 2020.
• Perform General Accounting functions, including operation of the general ledger system, create and upload
journal entries, month-end close work and account reconciliations for various accounts.
• Coordinate with other departments to obtain transaction information, research reconciling items, and
• Process invoices, wire payments, and check requests received in the Finance Department.
• Responsible for Grant Tracking, income tracking, scholarships, pledges and creating invoices and
• Supporting the audit.
• Perform Payroll functions and 403B entry.
• Lead and participate in cross-functions ad hoc projects and tasks as assigned.
• Participate in financial transformation initiatives.
• Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s in accounting preferred.
2. Experience in AP, AR and Reconciliation.
3. Minimum 2 years of work experience working in a non-profit strongly preferred.
4. Experience with QuickBooks preferred.
5. Passionate about college success.
6. Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
East Bay College Fund is a fun- loving, dedicated, diverse team of professionals, volunteers and partners
committed to tripling the number of college graduates in Oakland and expanding young people’s potential. If that
sounds like you- join us!
Email your resume and cover letter to Sarayu Prakash, Finance Director at
email@example.com. No calls please. Thank you for your interest!
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
East Bay College Fund is an affirmative/ equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis on race, religion, age, ethnic background, sex, disability, or sexual orientation. People of color, women, sexual minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.