Details: Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
351 California Street
Emerge America and the Emerge affiliates share one mission: to increase the number of Democratic women leaders from diverse backgrounds in public office through recruitment, training and providing a powerful network. Our vision: to change the face of power, politics and leadership in this country so our policies are responsive to all.
As the national umbrella organization, Emerge America’s role is to:
• Elevate the importance of electing more Democratic women at every level of the ballot;
• Empower our current alumnae and affiliates with support and capacity-building;
• Expand our impact by replicating our success in new states.
Emerge America is seeking a person with high energy, ability to multi-task and incredible attention to detail to assist with our mission. This position contains both high level and low-level tasks and requires a sense of humor, absolute professionalism, and a high ‘good sport’ quotient. This position will report to Emerge America’s Director of Development. All the duties described below will contribute to our mission in an essential way.
· Provide logistical and operational support to fundraising team.
· Ongoing data entry including entering contributions, pledges, and relevant donor information.
· Maintain call sheets in NGP.
· Perform mail merges and ensure all gifts are acknowledged within the designated timeframe.
· Pull contribution reports and contact lists from NGP.
· Assist in creating and disseminating annual appeals and other fundraising mailings.
· Provide support for events which includes managing materials, keeping event documents updated with amount
raised, pledges, and other pertinent information.
· Assist with donor research as needed.
· Answer phone and email inquiries regarding contributions, acknowledgments and events.
· Provide administrative and project support to the President of the organization; assist in all organizational tasks,
· Assist in preparing President for all meetings, develop briefing materials, research, and presentations etc.
· Assist with hiring and supervision of undergraduate interns.
· Open and prioritize mail.
· Support maintenance of computer filing systems.
· Perform basic accounting tasks, such as documenting and submitting deposits, reimbursements, and receipts.
· Create and maintain excellent filing and administrative systems.
· Other tasks as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Enthusiasm for the advancement of Democratic women in politics.
· Proven track record of excellent follow-through and accountability.
· Outstanding organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and keep track of multiple projects.
· Ability to create and maintain friendly and professional relationships with staff, key stakeholders, and donors.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to think creatively and work independently.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Excellent web and technology skills and comfort trouble-shooting with technology.
· Comfortable learning new technical/computer skills, as they arise.
Preferred but not required:
· A minimum of 1 year of full time work experience in a professional setting.
· Experience working in non-profit development.
· Experience with NGP.
JOB SCHEDULE AND LOCATION
The Project Coordinator must be based in the Emerge America headquarters in San Francisco. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please follow this link. Emerge America will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your resume and cover letter including your salary expectations.
Emerge America is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.