Under the direction of the UA House Director, the Afterschool Educator will provide homework assistance, create academic enrichment lessons in math and literacy, and support health and fitness activities. We are seeking experienced, caring and reliable educators to join our team of dynamic afterschool professionals.
• Provide high quality learning environment in math, literacy and character education
• Create daily lesson activities and prepare materials
• Foster an environment of cooperation and respect for 15 – 20 school-aged children
• Closely supervise children at all times through routine head counts, attendance logs etc.
• Support student pick-up from partner schools when needed
• Ensure accurate and orderly dismissal of students
• Follow designated schedule and establish solid classroom routines for students
• Establish system for positive reinforcement, classroom management and follow program-wide student discipline protocols
• Maintain a neat and organized classroom space
• Maintain a professional, pleasant and welcoming attitude with all students, families and staff
• Work to meet program goals and objectives
• Participate in staff meetings, brainstorms and on-going training opportunities
• Contribute to program-wide special events such as quarterly showcases and holiday activities
• Comply with all LCF/CARE policies and procedures
• Perform related tasks as assigned
• Must be punctual and reliable (M-F, 2pm to 6pm; Summer 9am to 4pm)
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• 1 year of experience working with school-aged children in an educational environment
• Ability to be on feet for extended periods of time (3 hours)
• The UA House at Fayette is a state of the art youth and community development facility comprised of classrooms, a recording studio, an indoor gym and turf field.
Living Classrooms Foundation is An Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities, Women, Handicapped Persons are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap status, Vietnam era or disabled Veterans status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply on-line: https://livingclassrooms.org/joinourteam.php