1015 15th St NW
About the Position
This entry-level research position is ideal for someone who is excited about timely, interdisciplinary research on a range of topics related to technology, policy, and equity. You will:
- Research and write policy memos, in collaboration with other members of the team;
- Help prepare public reports, op-eds, blog posts, and our weekly newsletter;
- Track and analyze current policy developments across all of our priority issues; and
- Attend external meetings, workshops, and other events.
You will be joining a small and growing organization that is collaborative, energetic, and fun. We will actively support your professional development in the field.
- We provide a competitive salary, and a generous and comprehensive benefits package;
- We seek to invest in your professional growth, through training, feedback, and support;
- We are actively committed to building an inclusive, flexible and welcoming workplace; and
- We have a transparent culture and strive to include our entire staff when making strategic decisions.
We strongly encourage people of color, women, and LGBTQ applicants to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email email@example.com with:
- A cover letter that tells us why you want to work at Upturn;
- A resume;
- Three samples of your work. Writing samples are preferred, but you can show us other relevant skills too;
- Three references, including a description of how each knows you. We’ll talk to you before we talk to them; and
- Your full name and "Research Assistant" in the subject line.