HEAF is a comprehensive supplemental education and youth development organization that works to help students develop the intellectual curiosity, academic ability, social values and personal resilience they need to ensure success in school, career and life. HEAF identifies students in middle school and supports them to and through four-year colleges through a variety of after-school, Saturday and summer educational and youth development programs.
Program and Position Description:
The College Quest program provides comprehensive college access, planning, and persistence programming for all high school and college students. The program is designed to help students gain acceptance into best fit colleges and universities with the goal of graduation and career readiness. The foundation of support in college focuses on: supporting students academically, helping students access and utilize campus resources; ensuring that students are maintaining their financial aid commitments; and making sure students are adapting well to college life.
We are looking for a College Quest Program Consultant to assist our students with the completion of college essays, college lists and college application submissions. Our ideal program partner is creative, high energy, and committed to helping under-represented, first-generation college seeking students gain entry to a best fit college. The Coach should be up-to-date with Covid-19 influenced admissions policies, possess strong knowledge of the college essay writing components, and have institutional knowledge of colleges that historically graduate students with little to no debt. The Coach will assist in weekly facilitation of CARA (College Access Research & Action) curriculum, as well as, hold weekly meetings with a caseload of students to assess their progress with assigned tasks and to troubleshoot challenges.
Job Type: Part Time-Temporary, 10 hours per week
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Student and Family Engagement:
● Correspond with parents and students via email a
● Coordinate and support parent meetings as needed
Administrative & Data Management:
● Update and maintain student records and files
● Record daily student attendance
● Monitor and report on student progress
College Access & Exposure
● Educate and counsel students and parents about the college application, scholarship, and financial aid processes through individual and group planning meetings
● Co-Facilitate weekly college workshops for all high school students
● Track students’ college application submissions, acceptances, FAFSA completion and financial aid award letters.
Ideal Candidate Job Requirements:
● B.A. in Education or related field
● A minimum of 1 - 2 yrs experience working with high school students and/or a background working with students on the college admissions process
● Strong organizational, computer, and interpersonal skills
● Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
● Knowledge of Salesforce a plus
● Zoom proficiency
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “College Application Coach” in the subject line.
HEAF is a comprehensive supplemental education and youth development organization that works to help students develop the intellectual curiosity, academic ability, social values and personal resilience they need to ensure success in…