Full Time Temporary
Details: Commensurate with Experience
CENTINELA YOUTH SERVICES (CYS), INC.
A Private Nonprofit Corporation, An equal opportunity employer
Case Management Supervisor - Restorative Justice Center
Full Time - TEMPORARY
The mission of Centinela Youth Services, Inc. (CYS) is to strengthen families and communities by empowering youth to resolve conflicts and overcome obstacles in order to become successful students and contributing adults. CYS is a 501c3 non-profit, restorative justice organization established in 1975. CYS operates a variety of innovative programs proven to increase student performance; reduce school dropout rates, gang involvement, youth violence and crime and ultimately help preserve families.
- Master of Social Work (MSW), preferred, from an accredited college with a minimum of two (2) years post-MSW experience. May consider candidate with BSW and graduate degree in Public Health (MPH) or Family Therapy (MFT) or relevant field
- Minimum, four years’ experience in similar a management role. Strong experience in administration, coordination, program development, quality assurance, and case management supervision. Demonstrate a track record in meeting program quality/productivity standards. Excellent management skills, utilizing best practices in achieving staff engagement and quality outputs.
- Ability to travel between and work from various LA County area locations. This position is based in Inglewood, with travel to other CYS offices in South LA, Hawthorne and Pacoima, as well as partner sites in Compton, downtown LA, etc.
- Skilled in culturally sensitive approaches to social work
- Expertise in typical/atypical child development and trauma-informed practice, with working knowledge of Evidence Based Practices (EBP) for adolescent behavior challenges.
- Experience working with adolescents and high risk populations, including crisis management.
- Experience/commitment to Motivational Interviewing and client-centered strengths-based practices.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to develop and conduct presentations.
- Ability to work well under stress, meet deadlines, and be flexible in job duties and assignments to meet program needs.
- Proficiency in various software applications, including Outlook, Excel, Google Docs/Drive, Powerpoint.
- Must pass background clearance and TB test.
- Experience or knowledge of Restorative Justice, juvenile justice diversion and criminal justice reform.
- Field instructor experience or related position within social service organizations.
- Trained in Seeking Safety and/or comparable EBP.
General Functions and Responsibilities: Reporting to the Executive Director, this critical position for quality control, tracks overall program operations and quality of the Everychild Restorative Justice Center, which is leading innovation that is transforming youth justice in LA and the state, with a commitment to both youth development and servicing victims of youth crime, while impacting systemic change to end the school to prison pipeline. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lend support to the Executive Director and another Supervisor to support the direct supervision of eight (8) clinical and three (3) non-clinical restorative justice case management staff located across three sites. Includes ongoing monitor of work quality and quantity. Maintain accurate work instructions to support program quality.
- Work with other members of the leadership team to ensure successful communication and coordination between all CYS programs.
- In collaboration with the Restorative Justice Program Specialist and School Transformation Specialist, support collaborative relationships with referring agency (law enforcement, courts, schools) contacts to monitor the continued flow of new program referrals and effective delivery of service.
- Utilize CYS Connect (internal case management database) and YLS/CMI 2.0 regularly to review key agency data points to insure achievement of target program outcomes and quality indicators.
- Maintain close supervision over high profile/high risk cases. Proof read court reports. Manage communications to referring agencies on challenging cases.
- Gather statistical information as directed/requested, participate in internal and external audit; prepare and submit timely reports (i.e. Board meeting report, grant reports, etc.)
- Review staff timesheets, leave requests, mileage reports for accuracy.
- Through communication, leadership, modeling and accountability, reinforce CYS’s organizational core values among all staff, interns and volunteers.
Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Performing duties of the Program Manager may require spending the majority of the day walking, standing, sitting and regularly driving back and forth to off-site locations. Must possess a valid California driver’s license, have use of a motor vehicle and be able to provide evidence of automobile liability insurance.
This is a TEMPORARY full-time (30 hours per week) position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Temporary Supervisor needed for a commitment from March 2018 through July 31, 2018, to support case management supervision for the CYS Restorative Justice Centers while the agency recruits/hires a permanent manager (note posting for “Sr. Program Specialist – Restorative Justice Center”). Temp to Hire may be possible depending on agency funding at the time of the temporary position ending.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com for consideration. Recruitment for this position will end upon receipt of a sufficient number of resumes. Only those applicants with the most relevant qualifications and knowledge will be invited to participate in the oral interview. No phone calls please.
CYS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, ancestry, religion, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
CYS, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations. Therefore, applicants who may need reasonable accommodation or other assistance in relation to a disability or religion, at any point within the application process or thereafter if hired, should immediately inform CYS, Inc. by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about CYS, Inc. or the services provided, you may visit the website at cys-la.org.