Triangle Land Conservancy (TLC) seeks candidates for the position of Development Manager. Applications will be accepted until Monday, April 23, 2018.
Triangle Land Conservancy is an accredited and well-respected land trust, having protected over 18,000 acres in the rapidly growing Triangle region of North Carolina. For over 30 years, TLC has conserved land to safeguard water quality, to support family farms and the local food economy, to protect important natural habitat and to connect people with nature. TLC is currently headquartered in downtown Durham and is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity of all kinds in the workplace. www.triangleland.org
The Development Manager reports to the Director of Development and is responsible for implementation of best practices for the management of TLC’s Raiser’s Edge donor and volunteer database including the assurance of data integrity, analysis and for report generation & customization. They have primary responsibility for maintaining TLC’s database to ensure accurate, appropriate, and timely gift processing; acknowledgement, reporting and reconciliation of gifts; and relevant donor and donor prospect tracking. They provide important coordination and leadership with TLC’s annual fund, recurring gift, online donation and special gift campaigns in collaboration with Director of Development.
The Development Manager plays a key strategic role in TLC’s development and communications team which includes the Communications Manager and Membership and Community Outreach Coordinator, to maximize financial support, communications, and volunteer engagement by identifying and monitoring donor groups, providing accurate information, creating lists for mailings, contributing to event organization and management, and running accurate and timely fundraising and financial reports.
This position also works closely with the Finance Department to ensure timely and accurate recording and reconciliation of all gifts and supports the Conservation and Stewardship Department to ensure landowner and other relevant information is current and tracked in the database.
Essential Duties Include
Donor Database Management
- Serve as the organization’s expert with the Raiser’s Edge donor database system and seek opportunities to improve its efficiency and effectiveness.
- Enter gifts and pledges, including credit card transactions, gifts of stock, matching gifts, gifts in kind, land transactions etc., and updates donor records. Recognize unusual gifts, add new donors, and alert appropriate staff as needed.
- Ensure excellent customer service is provided to members, prospects, and the public with timely and appropriate stewardship of gifts, including memorial and honorariums, tax receipting, acknowledgment letters and phone calls.
- Create lists, queries, reports, and other systems for categorizing and differentiating groups for individual recognition and special events. Strategize with staff to identify donor groups, create lists for mailings and export to mail house, and design and run fundraising analysis reports.
- Develop and maintain efficient systems for data cleansing, data entry, gift processing, prospect research, and relationship management. Ensure data integrity by supervising internal permissions and changes to existing data and provide end-user training and support.
- Work closely with Finance Department to ensure accurate recording and timely reconciliation of all gifts and reports, especially during monthly and fiscal year-end closing and audit.
Annual Fund, Major Gift and Event Support
- Manage and help grow TLC Stewards monthly donor program with regular stewardship and cultivation.
2. Provide important coordination and leadership with TLC’s annual fund program, online donation and special gift campaigns such as Giving Tuesday.
- Work closely with Development staff and Executive Director to help implement a Moves Management system, ensuring that accurate information is maintained about relationships with potential major gift prospects.
- Proactively create and prepare fundraising reports for use by leadership, development staff, committees, and Board members.
- Serve as an active prospect identifier, targeting prospects for personal visits and making connections between and among people, events, programs, and their associated circles.
Project Management and Coordination
- Coordinate projects in an organized and timely manner including: solicitation and stewardship mailings, fundraising and donor appreciation events, preparing materials for meetings, conferences, and events.
- Provide complete and accurate list of all donors and honorees for newsletters, annual report, major donor recognition events, and website.
- Manage office volunteer program to include volunteer recruitment, scheduling, assignments (working across all departments), creating protocols, training/oversight and ensuring productive outcomes.
- Assist with workplace giving program management including managing application process and participation plan administration. Support and organize workplace giving event commitments.
- Manage Development department grant tracking system to organize deadlines, assignments, and status. Contribute to grant preparation which may consist of compiling grant data and writing, editing, and research.
- Coordinate with Development staff to ensure alignment between program goals and delivery of member benefits. Participate in developing and implementing department goals.
General Administrative Support
- Maintain an organized supply of development specific materials, assist with special events, and other general administrative duties as assigned.
- Inventory and order general office supplies, act as primary in-office recipient of office deliveries, and provide timely notification to relevant staff.
- Retrieve and distribute mail promptly (from office and PO Box), monitor and process PO Box renewal, business reply mail permit and reimbursement.
- Make arrangements for board meetings, conferences, and retreats.
Excellent benefits to include, health, dental, vision, paid leave and a retirement contribution.
Level of Language Proficiency
Essential Experience, Technical Skills and Competencies
· BA/BS or equivalent education and/or experience.
· Demonstrated advanced level experience in Raiser’s Edge (preferred) or similar CRM program.
· Demonstrated ability to retrieve, analyze and synthesize information to create accurate reports and lists.
· Strong organizational, analytical skills. High degree of focus and attention to detail.
· High proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook required. Word Press experience desired.
· Detail and deadline‐oriented: You are attentive to details, generally get it right the first time, but invite input from other staff. You are accountable.
· Go getter: You are mature, supportive, and dependable, can easily shift back and forth from working autonomously to working collaboratively, and desire to undertake new and varied projects and responsibilities.
· Flexible and capable: You manage changing priorities with ease and get the job done. You take projects from start to finish and anticipate changes in schedules.
· Process‐oriented: You are efficient with setting up and maintaining systems to create high quality work in collaboration with others.
· Great communicator: You have excellent persuasive writing and proofreading skills. You demonstrate poise, diplomacy, and tact when appropriate, but have a natural tendency toward sharing joy, inspiration, excitement, and passion.
· Team player: You actively support a culture where people encourage each other and work together to succeed and/or celebrate the successes of others. You ask for help when you need it and also pitch in to support others.
· Has a strong understanding of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and has a commitment to making our work more equitable.
· Ability to work evenings and weekends as required (not a regular occurrence).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a single PDF with your cover letter, resume, and list of three references (who will not be contacted unless you are selected for an interview). Save your application file as: LastName_FirstInitial_TLC (e.g. Carson_R_TLC.pdf). Please use Development Manager as the subject of your email.
Email your application to: HR@triangleland.org
Candidate applications will be accepted until April 23, 2018. No phone calls please.