Randall’s Island Park Alliance, Inc. (RIPA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that works with the City of New York and local communities to provide an innovative and exciting destination through a wide range of sports venues, public programs, cultural events, and environmental exploration. As the dedicated steward of Randall’s Island Park, the Alliance sustains, maintains, develops, and programs the Park to support the wellbeing of all New Yorkers. RIPA typically has an annual operating budget of $10 million, approximately half of which is raised through fundraising. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for the day-to-day operational and transactional bookkeeping needs of the organization. With guidance from the Chief Financial Officer, the Staff Accountant will provide critical support to RIPA’s financial operation. Responsibilities include the operation of the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions and the timely, accurate processing of payroll on a bi-weekly basis. The Staff Accountant reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Perform day-to-day operation of accounts payable function for all organization expenses including processing vendor invoices and employee reimbursements, setting up new vendor accounts, monitoring established vendor accounts, resolving billing issues with vendors, preparing checks, and preparing accounts payable reports as needed.
- Perform day-to-day operation of accounts receivable function for revenue including preparing invoices, processing payments, collection of outstanding receivables, communicating with permit holders and/or park patrons, and preparing accounts payable receivable reports as needed.
- Perform month and year end accounting cycle activities including recording journal entries, performing reconciliations, and preparing financial reports.
- With oversight from the Chief Financial Officer, and with support from the HR Generalist, manage and process payroll for all employees.
- Maintain accurate financial records.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer prepare for the annual financial audit.
- Provides support for the development and monitoring of the annual budget.
- Provides support to department managers on budget questions and provides ongoing financial reporting on department budgets.
- Prepare ad hoc financial reports, as needed.
- Willing to work in a flexible environment and contribute in other areas, as needed.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in accounting, finance or a related field of study and a minimum of 2 years progressive experience in a finance department role.
- A high degree of integrity and a strong work ethic.
- Unquestionable ability to be discreet and manage confidential information.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; demonstrated influence and diplomacy at all levels.
- Technologically astute with strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including significant experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communications and writing skills; able to respond to requests in an effective and timely manner.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Motivated and punctual, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Experience with ADP Workforce Now
· Experience with Sage Intacct
· Experience with SAP Concur
· Experience working in a not-for-profit environment
- Valid New York State driver license